My take on the Captivate issues

Last Updated:

1. marshall7712

marshall7712 Guest This Topic's Starter

I bought a Cativate a few days after they were released. Because of all the shortcomings and empty promises I sold it yesterday and bought the IPhone 4. After reading the Engadget Spain report from Samsung I believe I saved myself loads of frustration. I loved Android and will most likely come back at some point, but I have put Samsung in my rearveiw forever. When HTC releases there next greatest I will probably be in line. Love Android - Hate Samsung.

Advertisement
  2. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

I almost bought a Samsung TV and went with a Sony at the last minute, glad I did. Bought a Samsung Blur Ray player, works well for the most part but the last two firmware updates were a disaster. Samsung never admitted to screwing up the unit and it took them 3 months to solve the issues. Had Samsun phones in the past, not smartphones, decided to give them a shot. Although for the most part I've only had several issues, all minor, this will be my last Samsung product.

I should have gone with my original idea, Evo or Droid X. Fingers crossed they'll update soon but I don't see this happening anytime soon. As for the IPhone, attempted to get one but AT&T would not budge. Eventually got tired of asking and went with an Android, which I do love.

3. assureteks

assureteks Member

I agree! I have been happy with my Samsung TOC 26.5 LCD TV/Monitor but it's no better than any other of the large brands. They just happened to have the size I wanted with 1080p and a DVI connection. The price was right too. As for their phones, this is my 2nd and 1st smartphone from them. I have a bad taste in my mouth as to their handling of the GPS issue and the Froyo update. They clearly are more interested in releasing worthless tablets than investing the time and energy in a much larger market; one they have invested a lot of time in to but in a half-ass sort of way. This [is] how big companies loose their market share - just look at Apple.

4. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

I'm also looking at getting a tablet during the holidays and after seeing how they are handling the GPS issue, Galaxy Tab is off the list. The support account on Twitter is a joke, they keep repeating the same answer over and over. Their website has no mentioned of the GPS issue other than to say, enable wireless networks. How the GPS works on the Galaxy Tab or Epic and not be ready for the Captivate and the likes is beyond me. Don't see how all these products, to a certain extend, share the same code base for the most part.

How they are allowed to continue selling broken phones is also puzzling. Every decent site that reviews cell phones and makes recommendations should do the consumer reports on them. I'm stuck with my phone for a while and decided to stick with it believing Samsung would deliver given the success of the Galaxy S line.