My Tbolt's SD card is fullSupport

1. markdoc

markdoc Well-Known Member

I've got a 32 Gb card that is now full. I analyzed the card with ES Task Manager and I got the following;
    207Mb pictures
    985Mb Audio
    39Mb Video
    67Mb Documents
    4 Gb Programs
    24Gb Other

Directory size 29Gb

Does anyone know what & where all the garbage is that I can delete? It would save me hours of searching directories & uninstalling and reinstalling apps.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Advertisement
  2. owlsbrat

owlsbrat Active Member

Get an app called astro file manager. Once installed open it and tap manage my files. It will give you a list of directories in the phone and you can browse them from there and delete what you dont want.. there is a card space internal in the phone and a seperate folder for external..
    markdoc likes this.
  3. ninedragons

ninedragons Member

As owlsbrat mentioned, download Astro File Manager. If you're using clockwork mod recovery (CMR), open the file marked "clockwork" then open "backups". Since I know nothing else about your phone, I am guessing that it may have been filled up with non-erased backups. If you're using something other than CMR for backups (assuming that you're rooted) check to see how many backups are there, and delete the ones that are no longer needed. If you are rooted, check the backups of whatever you're using to backup your system, and check titanium backup (if, of course you're using that as well). I wish I could give you a better answer, but I'm just going from what little I know about your phone.
    I hope this helps, if not, post what you are using here, and maybe we can get you straightened out.
    markdoc and zilla. like this.
  4. markdoc

markdoc Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you. I'm not rooted and I'm using "GO Backup". It says it backs up data and programs. It also does something interesting. It claims that it can condense multiple backups into one. I tried it with 4 backups of between 250mb and 600mb. They were 3 data backups and one program & data backup. I wound up with one 645mb backup. I don't know if it's accurate , I'm too afraid to try it.
  5. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

4GB of programs??? That sounds like a helluva lot of programs.
  6. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

What is the 24 GB of other? I would start there.
  7. droidsmurf

droidsmurf Active Member

If you download programs from the Amazon App store, look in SDcard\Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache
    it contains the .apk files from the Amazon App store downloads that are never deleted. I got over 2GB back.
    Shapesblue and markdoc like this.