• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My texts arrive early??

sethjamto

Jan 7, 2011
Here's an oddball one....a few friends have said that if I text them, they show up earlier than when I send them. Yesterday there was a group text with a few of us and anytime I sent one, they'd have to scroll up and found what I sent just randomly inserted into an earlier portion of the group text. I verified the date/time settings on my phone and they are set to auto, and it also shows the date/time being correct.

Any ideas?

It's on a C-Spire S4.

Great answers, but not what I was hoping for! LOL

I sent two texts to myself about 30 seconds apart from each other. The second text came in first immediately followed by the first one.

I still have no clue....

Oh dear! For as long as I have owned a mobile/cell phone, I expect to see this sort of post twice a year. Once in March or the beginning of April, ("my texts are arriving early"), and again in October or beginning of November, ("my texts are arriving late"), and usually from countries that change their clocks for Daylight Saving Time, (DST).

1. It could be that you, (unlikely from your post), or the recipients of your text messages, have not changed their time or have the phone not set to the operator auto update time.

2. That the various carriers/message providers concerned have not updated their times or are having problems with handling DST.

3. That the various, other, phone manufacturers concerned are having problems with handling DST in their firmwares, (iPhones, famously, had this problem for awhile).

4. That the texts are going between other time zones that enable DST on different dates. The UK only changed last Sunday for instance. See, here.

5. Other explanations are... you live near Area 51 or the Bermuda Triangle... you are in a parallel universe or need to wear a tinfoil hat.... or, you are, indeed, in the Twilight Zone. ;)

Reactions: shmn and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones