My Time / Clock Keeps Jumping Ahead 6 HoursSupport

1. Droidula

Droidula Well-Known Member

So for a while now, every so often I will check the time on my phone and it will be six hours ahead (usually). If I go to the clock and then settings, and check/uncheck "automatic date & time," or restart the phone, it corrects itself for the moment. For the past week though, this has been happening every day, several times a day at least. It then messes up my texts, because they put themselves in the wrong order.

Is anyone else having this issue too? Would it be a problem with my phone, or is something like this network-related?

I saw a thread for this in the Samsung Epic 4G Touch forum, from someone who has Sprint, but they never followed up with a conclusive post.

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

since its always the same i would check the time zone settings.
  3. Droidula

I have "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" checked, so it should be using the network time. The odd thing is that this only started happening to me over the last few days. I might have happened 1-3 times over a few months, but this week, the time has changed to six hours ahead every single, day, several times a day, even after I change it back. I set an alarm for something and it messed me up because the alarm never rang.
  4. Droidula

I called tech support again- this time I was told that the network is having issues, apparently. Originally, they'd updated my profile and wanted me to factory reset my phone, which I declined doing. I unchecked "network time" and set it manually. I'm assuming this will keep the right hour, but I don't know how quickly the time will start to be off, this way.
  5. SMSallard30

SMSallard30 New Member

I was also experiencing the same issue. I have the Samsung Galaxy II Sprint network. The time would randomly jump ahead 5 hours and it seemed to have been an on/off again issue for about two or three days. I also unchecked "network time" and set it manually and that was a good workaround since I depend on the alarm settings. After about a day I reselected "network time" and I have not had any further issue for a couple days now.
  6. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

I had this issue with a windows phone. 'Randomly' it would jump ahead 8 hours and it drove me crazy. I finally figured out that an app I was using was the culprit. I was using TomTom GPS and when I launched the app it would set my phone to GMT time. It was a bug in the TomTom software but for weeks it drove me crazy until I noticed the pattern.

Run through your apps and see if using one changes your system time.

HTH