My touch 4g Turning On And Off On its ownSupport

1. Saharnawaz1995

Saharnawaz1995 New Member

I pulled my charger out of my my touch 4g and when i did my phone started turning on and off. Everytime i pull it off the charger it does this for about 10 minutes. :( But this time it just keeps doing it. I spent a lot of money on this phone and it would be helpful if someone can walk me thru why this is happening or what i did wrong.

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your question to the MyTouch 4G area in case other owners are having this issue and can help.

To me personally, this sounds like faulty hardware, but I could be wrong.

Rule of thumb whenever a smartphone gets screwy is to pull the battery for 60 seconds - any state confusions in memory will die off by doing that.

Hope this helps!
  3. Saharnawaz1995

Well it usually turns on by now but it hasn't its been 20 minutes now, and it just turns off/on constantly, Do i take the battery out? or just wait.
  4. EarlyMon

Just take that battery right out - no way it should hurt anything.
  5. Saharnawaz1995

I took the battery out for 5 minutes its still not working
  6. EarlyMon

Sorry my friend - I'd take it in for service at this point.
  7. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Are you rooted?
  8. cyndeerodiguez

cyndeerodiguez New Member

having the same issue, did you ever found out what it was?
  9. davidxian

davidxian Member

Mine does that when it's in my pocket and I'm out for a long time in the sun and it heats up. keep the phone cooled.

Consider a factory reset> Turn off phone>take off battery> put it back turn on phone while holding the volume button and reset it> you will loose whatever you dont save so save it on the computer or something
  10. aiyuke

aiyuke New Member

Did anyone find a solution to the power blinking problem?

I did both the recovery and the factory reset. Also took out the battery and let the phone lazy away for 30 mins but same problem.

Any guru out there willing to shed additional advice?

11. boggis

boggis New Member

Same problem here, I think. After I hit the sleep button, the screen turns off for a second, then on for about 10 seconds, the off for a second, on for 10 etc. etc. for all eternity.

I pulled the battery. I did a factory reset. Same thing. I see this coming up in threads across various devices but none have a solution. It's quite annoying since it eats up battery very quickly.

Anyone know what might be causing the phone to do this?

Thanks...
  12. shhe8036

shhe8036 New Member

My phone does the same thing. I got so mad one day I banged it on my steering wheel and it started working. This sounds terrible, but when it does that I just start hitting the top of my phone on the power button and for some reason it turns on. I also found out that if you squeeze it really hard it works as well. Its such an annoying issue!
  13. DrTeeth76

DrTeeth76 New Member

Alot of times when I put my phone on the charge it will reset.
  14. feco6902

feco6902 Member

My did the same thing what i found out that it Was the battery that was causing the problem i bought a new one online its been working out fine since then
  15. soopacee

soopacee Member

this is how my problem started....it would turn off and on on its own

now its bricked...and im gettin my 3rd one tomorrow

this phone is such SHIT