• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My-Touch Q won't connect with Wi-Fi

DndGirl

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
I just bought my first smart phone so I am not sure if it something I am supposed to be doingto get it connected or not. I am trying to connect my My-Touch Q to my home Wi-Fi and it keeps telling me the network is disabled, poor connection. How do I fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

I just bought my first smart phone so I am not sure if it something I am supposed to be doingto get it connected or not. I am trying to connect my My-Touch Q to my home Wi-Fi and it keeps telling me the network is disabled, poor connection. How do I fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello DndGirl. Welcome!

Are you the one who set up the router, etc? Did you use MAC address filtering, and thus need to add your Q's MAC address?

If not, and if other devices on the same home network connect ok, it might be just a matter of going over each step carefully. ;)

Here's a comprehensive connectivity instruction page for the My Touch (provided by T-Mobile's support area, but should work with any carrier as we're talking home wifi and not carrier data ;)):

Connectivity and data: T-Mobile myTouch Q Support | T-Mobile

Please post back your progress and any issues you encounter; we'll get you going. :)

Reactions: DndGirl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones