my touch slide battery life

Last Updated:

1. motercycle79

motercycle79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 9, 2010
    i have had nothing but issue with the battery life on my touch slide
    t mobile say's that they know there is a problem with the battery life , and they don't know what to do to fix this problen and told me to call htc
    and they did tell me that they did not know of any problems at all with the my touch slide ?
    now what ? all that t mobile will do is replace the my touch slide they tell me the phone is bad and they will send repaired my touch slide , that a laugh !! :mad::mad::mad: now i did agree to do that now what was i thinking :confused: i still have very bad battery life on my second my touch slide wow what a great phone :eek::mad::confused: ( when you need to carry wall charger with you at all times )

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Good morning, motercycle. :) .. and welcome to Android Forums.

Battery life quick draining can be caused by a long list of things. The first thing I would check if that were happening to my device would be any apps that I have installed which are configured to update too often in the background, such as weather apps, gmail and calendar syncing, Facebook syncing (that can even go into a "sync loop" and drain your battery), etc.

But your phone's battery issues need to have more Touch Slide users responding, so I've moved your thread out of the Lounge area, which is more of a general chit-chat forum, to the T-Mobile Touch Slide forums.

Good luck!
  3. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    2 what apps do you have running in the back ground ?
    3. Do you have a task killer installed ?
    4 are you using wi fi , gps , bluetooth all the time ?
  4. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    As a new Slide user, I often look at the settings where you can see what has been using your battery. I was surprised at how much WIFI uses when it is not connected but you are moving about town. I think it uses a lot of juice scanning for available hotspots. I made it a habit to turn off the WIFI when leaving home.
  5. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Based on other people's reports on how long the battery lasts in their smartphones, I'm very happy with my Slide. The battery is good enough that I can unplug it at 6:00 am, use it moderately throughout the day, and still have about 30% charge when I plug it in by 10:00 pm that night. I don't even bother to turn of WiFi or GPS. The only times I ever have to plug it in during the day is for extended navigation use, or if I spend hours browsing or playing games on it. Apps can have a huge effect on life though. I recently tried a lock screen replacement that was ok, except I immediately noticed that my battery ended up with 15% or more lower charge by the end of the day. Once I got rid of that app, battery life was back to normal.
  6. Lafgr8

Lafgr8 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    The battery life F*ck!ng sucks on the MT3GS!! That's one of the main things I hate about this phone!
  7. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    huh??? i must have a super phone or something because mine lasts 30-40 hours with very little use and easily 20+ hrs with normal use (gps-on, twitter and facebook updating every hour via pure messenger, pure calendar widget synced, two google finance widgets updating every hour, some web surfing, some emails, a few calls, and tons of texts).