• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Touch slide reboots when I call??

lovingmom

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
I would really appreaciate any suggestions. I love my my touch slide but recently it is rebooting about 1/2 of the time when I try to make a call.(after I have put in the number and pressed the call button) Just as I begin to make a call it will reboot and the call will not go through. Then I will have to wait almost 5 minutes for it to restart and try my phone call again. At the same time I have to pray that it does not reboot again. Right now I have been forced to go back to my old G1 Iphone and I hate it. When I first got it (I bought it secound hand so I do not have the option to return it to the store) it only would reboot about once every 2 weeks, now it is every other call. Has anyone ever had this problem. I have seen similar problems and people saying it was sim related. Is this likely the cause. My sim was less than 2 weeks old when I got this and I have no problems with my iphone, just the slide.

I really do not want to give up my slide.

Someone said it may have something to do with the apps that are in the sim card and you can use task killer. But what do you do when the "task" is making the phone call?

I have been spending most of this evening trying to find the answer. Since no one seemed to be able to answer my question I though I would pass on what I learned because I see a lot of similar problems.

First off in none of the android forums did I see any discussion about the difference between a factory reset and "hard Reset" I discovered this on the Nexas one forum. It just so happens that you do a hard reset the same way on Nexas one as a my touch slide and probably a lot of other phones. I have copied and pasted the post below (thanks for saving my phone Kidon)

I also discovered the root of the problem was my SD card. After a lot of playing around I figued out if I reset the phone and did not put the SD card in it worked great and the minute I put in the card it would start acting up and would continue until I reset, strangely enough even after I removed the SD card. I though it was that I had something on the card that was causing problems, but when I tried another card(empty one) I had the same problems.
I like many People ordered my SD card offline. And like most people I assumed it was the genuine SanDisk that it said on the card. But my husband pointed out it did not have the Registered R on the card. He put his SD card in my phone and we hard reset and it was off and running, no more problems. The funny thing is I have had my SD card for years and used in at least 2 if not 3 cell phones. And it has pictures of a priceless trip overseas, and I love to carry these memories with me. But for some reason Android does not seem to work with low quality SD cards.

Well, I hope my problem is solved. I just wanted to put this information out there. It took me a lot of digging, and I am hoping to save some people some time.

Do not confuse the Factory Data Reset with the HARD RESET. There is a lot of confusion and disinformation about this. They are not the same thing.

Factory Data Reset only wipes your private data, but does not truly reset your phone.
Factory Data Reset: Go to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset. Press "Reset Phone" <--- This did NOT work for my problems.

HARD RESET: This one worked for me, solved most of my problems: laggy UI, aux-audio out skipping tracks, touchscreen became less buggy

1. Switch the phone off.
2. With the phone off, hold the Volume Down button, and while still holding the Volume Down button, firmly press and release the Power button.
3. You'll boot into a menu with a white background, small text and the little skateboarding Android guys.
4. Press the Volume Down button until you reach the Clear Storage option.
5. Press the Power button to select Clear Storage.
6. Press Volume Up to confirm the selection.Sit back while your phone reboots in its virgin state.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-hard-reset-google-nexus-one

Trust me, this is the HARD RESET which most of you with problems will need.
Initially, I thought I had a non-functional device, but after doing this HARD RESET, things are looking much better!!!

Another tip for reducing bugginess: Keep at least 40mb of on-board storage free and unused.
The less free space you have, the more buggie android gets

Reactions: jiggatwo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones