• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Transformer will be arriving tomorrow...

worknman

Apr 13, 2010
Should be getting my Transformer tomorrow from Amazon, and have a couple of questions ...

- I currently have a (rooted) Droid Incredible, and wondering how the account setup works. Do I need a new account for the Transformer, or can I just use my existing account and/or transfer my paid apps over to the tablet? Do I have to re-purchase apps such as Tapatalk and Fruit Ninja?

- A continuation of the above question... percentage-wise, how many 2.x apps will work on Honeycomb, including the two I mentioned above (assuming they don't have honeycomb-optimized versions)? Are they just blown up to 2x like the iPad?

Any other advice for an Android phone user moving over to honeycomb would be appreciated :)

Congratulations! You're gonna love it!

Just use your existing Google account you signed into your DInc with. As soon as I signed into the market on my TF it started downloading all my free and paid apps (My Droid X has never done this). Fruit Ninja works, but download Fruit Ninja HD, it had a 2 player mode! Not sure about Tap Talk. I can't give you an accurate percentage, but I would guess >80% of apps in the Market work fine on Honeycomb (probably higher). Some just blow up, some are formatted differently for Honeycomb. Examples: IMDB, Movies, TweetCaster all have a different screen when opened on my TF vs my DX.

There are quite a few HD and Tegra apps in the Market. Just search for those 2 terms to see what's out there.

If you use the Amazon Market, be sure to download it and use those daily free apps on your TF also.

When you setup GMail all your contacts will be copied over too. So if you keep good contacts on your phone, you'll have all those email addresses.

Any questions just browse this group. I hated the default os keyboard and found out about the Swype 3.25 beta in a thread here. Love Swype! Everybody here is great and willing to answer any questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones