My Troubles With FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 14, 2010
    I received froyo on Sept 2nd at 4:00 am. Ever since my mobile network wouldn't come on until I turned on and off Airplane mode. I now have Skype and VZ Nav. and Amazon MP3 which I didn't want and they alway's are constantly running. This morning I went for a jog and turned on FM radio and when I was done I shut off FM radio then unplugged my head phone jack. I then noticed that it still showed that the head phones were still connected. I went home and called my phone and couldn't here my ringer until I replugged my head phones back in. I turned off my phone and restarted it and it got stuck in start up mode. It would constantly try to restart and restart but wouldn't fully get going. So I got in my car and drove 20 miles to the nearest VZW store and wouldn't you no it, it started running. It had to have tried to restart maybe 50 times. I went in and talked to a rep and my phone was working, BUT all my contacts were missing so he got them installed. My K9 mail account was completely wiped out and all my programs that I had installed from the market would not work so I have to uninstall all of them and am in the process of reinstalling them. My phone is essentially wiped clean except that I didn't have to activate it. And now my mobile 3g network comes on when I restart my phone now, go figure! Anyway this is quite the experience with this froyo update. I'm still looking through my phone to find other faults and reinstalling my programs and will post any imperfections that I find.
    Hope you all don't have to go through this!

2. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. I did a factory reset like 4 days before getting the OTA. I was not that desperate to get it as many people were so I did not do any install, just waited. I believe it paid off because all is joy for me after the upgrade.
  3. cygone

cygone Member

Apr 12, 2010
    one thing that i have noticed since doing this update is that it takes longer to go from portrait mode to landscape mode and back again when i am on the net using androids internet browser.
  4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Sorry to hear all of that...but while you are virtually at square one anyways, I would go ahead and do an actual factory reset. ( it will reset you to a clean 2.2 ) This fixes most all problems, and will likely help to prevent you from having any new ones related to the upgrade. just some food for thought.
  5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I occasionally have the 3G issue, even on different ROMs. I just deal with it, since everything else offered is much more worth it.