My TU and its crappy battery lifeSupport

1. xaphiddy

xaphiddy Member

So I have a TU running CTMod, and its obviously rooted. JuiceDefender is installed, and no task manager. With nonstop internet use on 3G, I get about an hour. With nonstop internet use on WiFi, its about 2 hours if I'm lucky. GPS is off. With light use, it usually last 4 hours, 5 if its a good day. Battery use is mostly spend on system, which is 80+. I tried calibrating multiple times, sometime it will die as soon as its off the charger, and sometimes it dies when it isnt even close to 0%. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

What can I say? That's android for ya.
    The only answer to your question is an extended battery. You can either buy the huge bulky 3500mah battery or you can buy the 1600mah battery which is that same size as the regular 1500mah battery.
    I have the 1600 Mah extended battery and its amazing how much the extra 100mah juice makes a big difference. I can go up to a day without charge on lite use and have like 75 percent battery the next day. On heavy useage I get at least 9 hours with 3g and GPS as well as brightness at half all day long.
    I got the batteries off amazon for 16 bucks. You get 2 1600 Mah battery and a wall charger for em even though they can be charged with the regular charger inside the phone.
    I haven't even open the second bat and I dont really need to.
  3. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may have a bad battery. I don't use juice defender or anything like that. On average I get around 4 and a half hours of display time if on 3G and that's pretty heavy usage. Lots of Web browsing. If I'm on wifi I can usually get around 6 hours of display time. I always leave gps on but turn off wifi if I'm not home. I'm rooted and running a slightly modified stock rom.
  4. trdtan

trdtan Well-Known Member

Agreed, get a new battery. My TU is about 6 months old and it lasts me all day with medium usage 8:30AM to 10PM.
  5. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

since they took off the carrier iq, with heavy use on a custom rom based off of 2.3.6, you should get at least 6-7 hours so it definitely sounds like its your battery.
  6. xaphiddy

xaphiddy Member

luckily i have a extra battery laying around...somewhere. ill tell you guys how it goes whenever i find it
  7. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Well-Known Member Contributor

I have the regular battery that came with the phone (1500 mAh. With me replying all the time on here, playing words with friends, texting and emailing all day long, I have gone 12 hours without charge. Yes, I am rooted and running MegaTron with other tweaks from others and a couple I have done just to extend battery life.

One big app that kills battery life is System Updates as that runs all the time. Find a way to freeze that app and it is almost guaranteed to extend another hour or so. The only issue is you will not be able to run System Updates but if you on custom ROM, no need to check.

This is of course my experience. Your experience may differ.
  8. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

would it be ok to just remove the System Update apk or is it embedded into the system? I had a bout with that particular app and when i tried freezing it it only postponed the inevitable restart of it somehow. it's a fairly persistent app
  9. niteNarmor

Wrong post!
  10. niteNarmor

That is something I wouldn't know. I able to freeze but uninstalling I would not know. That would be something to try on your own. I dont recommend it.