My TU is vibrating on boot... :/

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Contributor

Has anyone ever heard of this, when I boot the phone up right after the change from the boot ani to the lock screen it vibrates once then followed by 2 vibrates, after I unlock the screen a box greets me with Android System Service has stopped unexpectedly followed by a Force Close button. Now it seems that the only way I can get it too stop is to reboot into CWM and wipe the cache and then clear the dalvik-cache, but as soon as I make another system change it does it all over again... I'm currently running Chevanlol360's $hevRon 3.5.2 rom with Bobzhome's Kernel that was built-in to the rom, I have it running at 1.5 GHz OC and I changed the Boot ani with Absolute System Root Tools.

The only thing I can think of is I did freeze Go Launcher in Titanium Backup so I could use FTL Launcher, is it possible that by freezing the original launcher for the rom like that is what could possibly be causing the Force Close issues??

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I am using Autostarts to kill the system update notice on startup as well... :p

EDIT #2: I just defrosted Go Launcher in Titanium Backup and uninstalled FTL Launcher to see if that took care of it, but after reboot the same thing greeted me with the FC box... :/

Advertisement
    :
  2. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

If I'm understanding correctly, the FC vibe pattern happens just as the lockscreen is displayed, correct? If that's the case, then it sounds like a system process is crashing on startup, possibly due to settings with something else at startup.

About the only things that come immediately to mind in that regard are the mount processes, and the CPU OC setting "run at startup". Sorry if my suggestions are a little cryptic...let me know if I need to expain something a little better.
    Slayer72 likes this.
  3. Slayer72

No, not at all, you're fine, I'm gonna take off the overclock at startup and see if it stops at that point, will post back... Thx for your input btw... ;)
  4. Slayer72

Ok, I shut off the startup of OC in CPU Master Pro and rebooted and it did the FC Vibes during the Boot Ani, so I'm just gonna do a fresh restore of $hevRon 5.3.2 and see how it goes at that point, will keep you posted... ;)

EDIT: Ok I did a fresh restore of $hevRon 5.3.2 and afterwards I rebooted into CWM to restore the data from my last backup with all my apps and as soon as it rebooted it started with the Vibes again, so I guess I'll havta manually build it back up now... :/
  5. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

If you look into shevron roms topic buried under a bunch of other posts you will see that this a VERY common problem.. I'm not blaming you for not seeing it cause I'm sure its buried under lots of shit by now..

The reason you are getting all sorts of fc's is because bobzhome's newest kernel was built upon 2.3.6 which doesn't have ciq. But shevron's rom 5.3.2 is buiilt on 2.3.4 which still has ciq. So the rom is looking for ciq in the kernel and not finding it and throwing up gang signs because of it. I think people were able to downgrade to 5.1 and not have the issue anymore if I'm not mistaken..
    xaelith likes this.
  6. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I'm running 2.3.4 with Bob's OC kernel built off 2.3.6 and have never had this issue. I also ran Prime rom for awhile which is also 2.3.4 with that OC kernel and never had this issue. From reading the Chevron rom thread it does appear to be a common issue with that rom.
  7. Slayer72

Yeah I've noticed that if I don't set the cpu app to apply at startup then it's fine, it doesn't do it at that point... maybe I'll look into downgrading to $hevRon 5.1 and give that one a whirl lol... Thx so much for your input and concern guys... :D