• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My tutorial on syncing Eris with Outlook - WITHOUT GOOGLE

So I have a small problem with the htc snyc that i download direct from htc. The version is 2.0.25. When I first sync my eris with the computer a screen popped up asking for country zip code and area code info. Now every now a then it pops back up. Most of the times it is when I try to edit my contacts in outlook. Please help.
Is this pop up for if I want to use my eris for tethering.

Upvote 0
i tried the search ... but with some of the threads about 2.1 being over 1000 posts long, i got frustrated.

Question: does the HTC Snyc still work with the 2.1 leak to synchronize my Outlook without using google?

thanks in advance

I don't have the 2.1 leak, but I would assume that it would... or that they would put out another update... and hopefully support XP SP3 and windows 7

Upvote 0
otherton, In sync manager -> settings go to Conflict Policy, and select the Use the item last modified, you may get duplicates at first, (which is what happened to me) but once you clean up the duplicates, you should be fine.

phonedrn8, try uninstalling the application and drivers, and reinstall... haven't run into that issue

update done it 3 times over the weekend still the same issue:thinking: humm will try something else out

Upvote 0
So I have a small problem with the htc snyc that i download direct from htc. The version is 2.0.25. When I first sync my eris with the computer a screen popped up asking for country zip code and area code info. Now every now a then it pops back up. Most of the times it is when I try to edit my contacts in outlook. Please help.
Is this pop up for if I want to use my eris for tethering.
BUMP BUMP BUMP the question up.
Need help!

Upvote 0
Well, I am not an Exchange server at work but can not live without prospects. Love the Android phone, but frustrated that I could not sync everything. I currently use a third-party Exchange Server mailstreet. It cost me about 11.95 months writing, bringing the price data until I paid for raspberries. For me, its worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones