• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My U8650 won't respond

Imro

Lurker
Oct 29, 2012
Hello.
I had somehow managed to screw my U8650 up and I probably need to reinstall the operating system - most-likely my only chance. In fact, everything was going fine, the phone was working like a charm, but all of sudden it stopped responding (I was changing my desktop backgroung at hat time). Like, forever. The display faded out after a minute but the phone was still running, it wouldn't respond to any of my moves. Nothing, totally. I took out the battery, turned it off again, the phone managed to turn on, but I've only seen the logo and the display faded out again after like a minute.

When I plug it on battery, the display fade back in, but I only see locked screen which I can't unlock, since the display does not respond to anything. Neither any of the buttons.

Is there any chance how to reinstall (even format) Android via PC without doing anything directly on the phone please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello.
I had somehow managed to screw my U8650 up and I probably need to reinstall the operating system - most-likely my only chance. In fact, everything was going fine, the phone was working like a charm, but all of sudden it stopped responding (I was changing my desktop backgroung at hat time). Like, forever. The display faded out after a minute but the phone was still running, it wouldn't respond to any of my moves. Nothing, totally. I took out the battery, turned it off again, the phone managed to turn on, but I've only seen the logo and the display faded out again after like a minute.

When I plug it on battery, the display fade back in, but I only see locked screen which I can't unlock, since the display does not respond to anything. Neither any of the buttons.

Is there any chance how to reinstall (even format) Android via PC without doing anything directly on the phone please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

hey

did you check the hard reset?
to do a hard reset, you have to remove the battery for 3 seconds, put it back to the phone, press hold POWER button with VOL + button till you get a bios menu. when you go to that menu, only power button and volume buttons are working. power to select and vol for up and down.

you have to select each option from the bottom to top for do a hard reset. and restart the phone.

if this doesn't work,
you have to update the firmware of the phone.

to do that you have to download the firmware.
link to the firmware: http://www.huaweidevice.co.in/Downloads/U8650.zip

link to the instruction: http://www.huaweidevice.co.in/Downloads/UserGuide/U8650/HUAWEI-Sonic-Software-Upgrade-Procedure.pdf

hope this will help you

Reactions: reymalyn
Upvote 0
Hello.
Thanks for replying, I'm not sure this will help me with my problem though since the device is not even responding to hard reset, nor any combination of VOL UP/VOL DOWN/POWER BUTTON. Each time, the device just turn on and the display stops as the screen with logo.

I'm sure it can be repaired, but I need to reinstall the phone over computer. However, I don't know whether is it possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones