1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

my USB cable doesnt connect to my PC.Support

1. sketysh

sketysh Member

Idk what the problem is. My Razr used to connect but at some point a couple months ago, my PC hasnt been able to detect my phone, which means i can't enter USB mass storage mode when i hook it up. It actually doesn't even charge anymore either. 15% for like 45 mins when I tried. I can only charge it on the wall.

I've tried restarting my phone while it was on the cable, as well as my pc, then i tried restartin both non-connected. i tried uninstalling drivers but nothing changed. I dont have any task-killers or battery savers so thats out the picture.

This is the same cable that it came with out of the box. I'm running Windows 7.

Also, i cant take screen caps of my phone. The button combo was Pwr+Vdown right?

thanks for all your guys input. Im tired of having to take of the droid otterbox case everytime i want to put a song onto my phone.:mad:

Advertisement
  2. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

make sure you have the latest moto USB drivers on your computer
  3. sketysh

sketysh Member

yes i've tried uninstalling, rebooting then installing the moto drivers. i just dont know anymore. i want to root my phone but i cant because it wont go into usb mode
  4. Ritterca

Ritterca New Member

Make sure your using the usb cable the phone came with. They are NOT all the same. Just because it fits doesnt mean it is the right one. I had the same issue when I tried to use my Samsung usb cable.
  5. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

+1 on this. I also found the phone does funky things if you try using it while plugged in using certain non-Motorola cables/power cords. Freaked me out at first.
  6. sketysh

sketysh Member

As I said this is the very same cable I got with my phone. I haven't bought any aftermarket cables and I have never replaced my phone or cable. Same cable out of the box as I said in my post. Guess I'll just go bug the people at the vzw store for a new one?