• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my USB cable doesnt connect to my PC.

sketysh

Jul 12, 2012
Idk what the problem is. My Razr used to connect but at some point a couple months ago, my PC hasnt been able to detect my phone, which means i can't enter USB mass storage mode when i hook it up. It actually doesn't even charge anymore either. 15% for like 45 mins when I tried. I can only charge it on the wall.

I've tried restarting my phone while it was on the cable, as well as my pc, then i tried restartin both non-connected. i tried uninstalling drivers but nothing changed. I dont have any task-killers or battery savers so thats out the picture.

This is the same cable that it came with out of the box. I'm running Windows 7.

Also, i cant take screen caps of my phone. The button combo was Pwr+Vdown right?

thanks for all your guys input. Im tired of having to take of the droid otterbox case everytime i want to put a song onto my phone.:mad:

Make sure your using the usb cable the phone came with. They are NOT all the same. Just because it fits doesnt mean it is the right one. I had the same issue when I tried to use my Samsung usb cable.

+1 on this. I also found the phone does funky things if you try using it while plugged in using certain non-Motorola cables/power cords. Freaked me out at first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones