My Verizon App

Last Updated:

1. wreed

wreed Active Member This Topic's Starter

So anyone go looking for the new my Verizon app and see that it was the same old crap? Well now the update works from the marketplace...wow they finally made this thing look like an app and not a crappy mobile web site...I am impressed.

Adds a data usage widget too.

Advertisement
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea I wasn't able to update it before but its working now.

3. kennethpm

kennethpm Active Member

The My Verizon application on my phone (post-update) doesn't work at all, it comes up with a screen with six icons for various activities, but when i press one of them, NOTHING happens?
    anyone else have this issue?

4. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

Same problem here.

5. JillyBean

JillyBean Member

I tried to update My Verizon this morning and kept getting an error message. Then after I got my Droid X update, the My Verizon app looks updated but it just has a home screen with 9 icons and none of them are functional. I tried pressing the menu key, too, but ...nothing.

6. JillyBean

JillyBean Member

I just tried updating again by going to the Market, Menu key, then Downloads. It showed there was a download available for My Verizon so I clicked on Update (it wouldn't let me choose uninstall). Took a minute or so to update, now my icon says My Verizon Mobile and it is updated and working I think.

7. wreed

wreed Active Member This Topic's Starter

After the Droid x update, go into the marketplace, you should see that the app is due to be updated.

8. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

Do people think that the data usage widget is a precursor to tiered data plans? Why develop a widget when you can't get any plan but unlimited?

9. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Just because its interesting and people may be curious? Thats why I have it.

10. JillyBean

JillyBean Member

I'm thinking I hear the rumblings of tiered data plans in the offing. I'm also hoping that those of us who have the unlimited plan will be able to keep it, since we already have it when they begin charging for it.

In the meantime, the widget is a fun bit of info, but will be fairly useless otherwise, and will be deleted off my Droid X before too long.

11. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd pay my software developers (if I was Verizon) to write a widget just for the curious. Say you're right, they just made it for the heck of it (no plans for tiers/data limits), answer me this:
    The thing has a bar (like the voice usage) and specially says "unlimited"...
    - Why bother with a bar if it's always full?
    - Why bother to specify the amount when it's always "unlimited".