My videos are all sideways when I put them on computer!! HELP!

1. glocknroller

glocknroller New Member

Hi all! I just recently put all of my vids and pics that are on my Micro SD card onto my computer BUT now they are all SIDEWAYS! Can anybody tell me how to flip them and how or why this happened? Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Are you holding your phone portrait-wise (more tall than it is wide)? If so, that's your problem. Most camera apps expect the phone to be held landscape (more wide than it is tall) since that is the normal aspect ratio for video. Get used to holding the phone that way for videos. Besides, in my personal opinion, videos taken like that are extremely annoying to watch since you waste a ton of horizontal space watching it on a normal computer.

As for your existing videos, you will need to import them into a video editing program and rotate and re-render them.
  3. glocknroller

glocknroller New Member

Yes, that's exactly what I have been doing. Thank you very much!
  4. Buffymarie

Buffymarie New Member

Same here. Thanks for the solution.
  5. n2bowling

n2bowling Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem so what video editing program do you use?? I DL'd a program called "Movie Maker" and it will rotate it but its unusable for Utube and other video viewers...Thanks, Jake
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Probably because you've now got videos in a completely non-standard aspect-ratio, i.e. they're taller than they are wide. Video is always in landscape mode, and not portrait.

Think the only solution would be to severely crop or squash/stretch them.