My warp goes crazy when plugged in and chargingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Mcboots

Mcboots Well-Known Member

I found that when i plug in my phone and want to respond to text or something, the home screen, the keyboard and everything else goes crazy. Like it takes several time to unlock the lock screen, typing using the keyboardi s a hit or a miss since it doesn't put in the correct stuff i tapped. This only happens when I have it plugged in.

Any fixes / reason why ti does this or fixes?

Im using noob IV as my rom and i don't think it's that since it did the same on stock.

Advertisement
  2. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Someone else had that problem I remember way back, and if memory serves me correctly there is no @ home fix they had to send it in for repair.Good Luck.:)
  3. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

Mine does the same I get so mad.
  4. Quoros

Quoros Well-Known Member

I have seen that when using an HTC chager but not with original or blackberry chargers (I only use BB Chargers Seem to be better quility)
  5. primetech

primetech Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had this same problem. Was using a generic 16-foot USB cable and "crazy" was a gentle way to describe it. A simple tap on the screen could erupt into a magic show of horror.

Of course, nobody will acknowledge this problem.
  6. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

I too had this problem yesterday with an HTC charger... whenever I plugged it in any motion along the x axis (from side to side) became super sensitive... also the capacitive buttons would rapid fire whenever you touched one
  7. PH473

PH473 Well-Known Member

For me its just the usb to computer connection.
  8. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

I meant to include that... same here
  9. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

I get a similar bug where the vibrator goes crazy if i turn off usb tether on a windows pc... weird
  10. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

I had the same issue, had laggy swiping side to side home screens, lock screen was erratic, notification bar was the same way.
    I decided, for whatever reason, to swap out the USB cord. So far I haven't seen the issue at all, everything seems fine, even typing seems fine, lock screen takes the normal one time, no eratic behavior, side to side is just as if it were not plugged in at all.
    Kicker is, this is a Dollar tree USB cord, cost me a whole $1 LOL, go figure, a cheap usb cord fixed the issue. I'm going to the store tomorrow to pick up a few for backups.

This was on a Warp Sequent btw, but I had the older warp doing the same problems. havn't tested it on the older warp as I gave it to a friend, but it seemed to have fixed it on my Warp Sequent.

Update: Sadly, it's back :(. When it stays plugged in, at 100% laggy and stuttering happens.
    It seems to be only when it's plugged in like this it happens because as people have stated even on the original warp it has the same exact issue.
    On both after unplugged it works fine. Second and different usb plug, same result.
    More of an annoyance for me and the work around is to unplug it, but still an annoyance none the less and should be looked into, but that's just me.
  11. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

Just use a different charger that's what I had to do
  12. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Different chargers use different voltages to charge the battery/device its intended for. If you use one lower or higher than what is recommended for your device you will end up with it either being very laggy or very spastic. Its kinda like under/over clocking the device in a way. :cool:;)
    smartmanvartan likes this.
  13. Bocephus87

Bocephus87 Well-Known Member

I recently discovered this when i tried to charge my phone on my parent's new SGS2. PLugged it in and when i returned, found the lock screen exceptionally touchy and the keyboard the same xD
  14. Troopiepete

Troopiepete New Member

I too have this issue and it's a real pain!
    HTC Velocity 4G
    Android version 4.0.3
    Just did a Software update to 3.44.841.8
    this did not fix the problem :-(

For me it only happens when connected to my Laptop via the USB Cable.. usually I do this to share the internet but also to charge it while using the net, I have got around the issue by sharing my internet whenever it's plugged in but it still means I cannot even answer a call without first unplugging it!
    On my HTC Phone the option of showing a dot when the screen is touched has been enabled, this clearly shows the screen with many vertical touches while jacked in.
    I could be wrong but I am sure this only started to happen after the last firmware upgrade I did but could not state that 100%
    I just joined up here to try and find a fix for the issue but seems you guys are as much in the dark as I am as to what the issue is.

As to the mention of different chargers causing issues, apart from the mw Capacity of the Charger the biggest thing I have noticed is the output voltage of the charger - Samsung devices will not start to charge until you present them with about 5.1vDC this works for both my Wife's Samsung Phone and my 10" Tablet - give them anything under this and they will power up but will not charge, I found this out with a 4 way USB power device I have in my 4x4, ended up modifying it with a replacement regulator that I could adjust the voltage on.
    BTW My HTC's issue only happens when plugged into a Computer - not the charger..
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  15. primetech

primetech Well-Known Member

> only happens when you connect your phone to a charger that outputs 500mAh

How does this happen? I was under the belief only chargers that were "too strong" would cause the devices to misbehave.
  16. Troopiepete

Troopiepete New Member

The level of misinformation on technical matters often amuses me!
    Regardless of the Device having a charger that can deliver more current than is required will never cause an issue unless the item was to develop an internal fault - short!

A 500ma charger is only 1/2 or 0.5Amps, many devices I have use almost twice this when charging..
    The main issue with many chargers is the poor regulation of voltage, most these days require around 5 volts but some such as Samsung require slightly over this to correctly charge..
    The only difference power cords would make is if the wire was too small and provided a significant voltage drop...
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

High resistance wire provides a current drop, chargers are a constant voltage source, v=ir.
  18. Troopiepete

Troopiepete New Member

Only at the charger end, they have no way of controlling any voltage drop at the load end of the cable :)