My weather widget is mucked up.General

Last Updated:

1. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Says there is no weather info for St Claire Shores. I don't know where St Claire Shores is. Considering I am 6 hours from the nearest beach.

Advertisement
  2. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And now it works.

3. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar issue. Sometimes I show weather for New London, CT and sometimes the correct weather - New Orleans, LA. I don't believe it's an issue with the phone location, GPS, or towers. I used to live in New London, but haven't been there for nearly two years, and obviously have never had the Eris there. I've heard of people showing weather for nearby cities, but these places are 1500 miles apart. Can't be a coincidence. Any thoughts?

EDIT: FYI - running 2.1

4. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I am running 1.5 still...........last few days I got a random display of the stock weather app showing East Harwich? I am in the Bay Area, CA.

After I hit the refresh button it was fine, just a little strange.

5. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

Mine is being goofy as well. On 2.1. Every now and then it displays "South Point". Wherever that is. I live in Clover, SC and more often then not, that is what it displays.

6. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

Yah, I've read numerous posts about the weather widget showing different cities. I just find it odd that mine shows a city I lived in 2 years ago that's even a different time zone, but my clock remains correct.

7. TheBr0ken

TheBr0ken Active Member

I used to have it say different cities until I turned on my GPS and left it on. doesnt seem to effect my battery life. Would hope its like my Storm and only uses GPS when there is a request for location. There is that dish icon that appears when GPs is being called and its not on all the time so I am assuming its the same.

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Yeah gps is on demand only.