• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My wife may be getting an Evo earlier than planned

legacy

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
Aurora, CO
My wife still has her iPhone on AT&T. Since I'm no longer with those idiots, I'm changing her from a family plan to an individual plan. Here's how they're screwing us...

1. Charging a full bill AND a pro-rated bill ("because we charge a month in advance"). Does this make sense? Am I getting a credit, since we would have already been a month ahead in our payments, that will offset me paying this doubled up bill?

2. Extending the upgrade eligibility date out 3 months since we're dropping down to a lower minute plan. Not a huge deal since we won't be upgrading phones on AT&T ever again.

3. Taking away rollover minutes. Rollover minutes will match the number of monthly minutes on the account (450). I suppose we're only losing a couple hundred rollover minutes, but she will be using them on this account.

They also told me that her student discount wouldn't be applied if I switched her to any of the new, lower priced data plans (she uses WAY less than 2GB).

Screw you AT&T. You're going to go down in flames as soon as you are no longer the sole carrier of the iPhone, and I'm going to laugh. The plan is to use up her rollover minutes at this plan, pay the prorated ETF, and switch her over to Sprint (and most likely the Evo).

I'm in exact same situation, except I realize all those things are the norm and am used to it so I don't mind so much.

What does bother me is that we're on different networks now so she's using up all her minutes just to talk to me because unlike me she doesn't get unlimited mobile to mobile no matter the network.

I've tried to convince her to get an Evo but no luck so far, she loves her iPhone. What else can I do to convince her? =( She's big on social networking, and if the Evo won't do it for her, I dunno what will...

Upvote 0
I'm in exact same situation, except I realize all those things are the norm and am used to it so I don't mind so much.

What does bother me is that we're on different networks now so she's using up all her minutes just to talk to me because unlike me she doesn't get unlimited mobile to mobile no matter the network.

I've tried to convince her to get an Evo but no luck so far, she loves her iPhone. What else can I do to convince her? =( She's big on social networking, and if the Evo won't do it for her, I dunno what will...

Pray that the iPhone comes to Sprint? Social networking is WAY more integrated into this phone than the iPhone (but the facebook app is better on the iPhone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones