• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My wife received the OTA notice but is scared to install it!!!

Her contacts should be synced with Google, right?

If her contacts are Google contacts, they will sync back. No worries.

I'm using Lookout as a 2nd backup, have her try it.

I am fairly old and not very bright. I have NO idea what a "google contact" is or how to sync them. We don't plug our phones into the PC.
Mike

Upvote 0
I am fairly old and not very bright. I have NO idea what a "google contact" is or how to sync them. We don't plug our phones into the PC.
Mike

Go to your settings --> accounts/sync --> google -

Here you can sync your contacts and calendar.

No need to plug your phone into the PC.

Go to your gmail account on a PC and you should see your contacts there.

Upvote 0
Mike

No offense whatsoever, but it sounds to me like it would be better if you downgraded your phone to something more... age appropriate? :eek: Smart phones can be a real pain if you don't know how to even manage the contacts

Upvote 0
No offense whatsoever, but it sounds to me like it would be better if you downgraded your phone to something more... age appropriate? :eek: Smart phones can be a real pain if you don't know how to even manage the contacts

I disagree. A lot of older people use them for the music and web.

The contact options on the Eris can be very confusing. There are several different settings and syncs with other apps.

And if you have to start out with "no offense", it's probably best to just not say it.

Upvote 0
I disagree. A lot of older people use them for the music and web.

The contact options on the Eris can be very confusing. There are several different settings and syncs with other apps.

And if you have to start out with "no offense", it's probably best to just not say it.

Well, I could argue against that, but I'm not going to derail the topic of the thread.. But thanks for your opinion anyways.

peanuts, When you look at your contacts list on the phone, it'll say "Google" or "Phone" to the right of each person's name. Your phone will be either all "Google" contacts, all "Phone" contacts, or a combination of both. If they're not all Google contacts, what I usually do is download "ExportContacts" from the app store, which will create a ".csv" file of ALL your contacts on your sd card. Then you connect the phone to your computer, log into your Gmail account, and upload that saved file to your Contact list in Gmail (the Contact tab is to the left of your inbox). If you don't feel comfortable connecting the phone to the computer, I believe there are other apps where you can sync them wirelessly, but I haven't tried any of them out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones