My wife wants me to wait 6 days to open Nexus 10!General

1. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

My birthday is coming up in a few days and my wife is getting me the Nexus 10. (I told her that's what I wanted.) Since they're hard to find, I volunteered to go get one at the nearest place that had them in stock. That happens to be a town that's 50 miles away. I make the drive today and get it! Up arriving home, my wife tells me that I have to wait until my birthday to open it. Yeah right.

Anyway, I'll let everybody know what I think of it tomorrow.

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Congrats! That wouldn't have to be in Lawrence is it? I spent quite a bit of time at the Best Buy there when I lived there. :)
  3. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

I actually went to Emporia to buy it at the Staples store there. I live in Topeka.

A guy at best buy told me that they don't sell any Nexus products because they got into a "fight" with Google.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

My solution .. divorce. :D

Enjoy your new N10. Its a great tablet.
  5. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

Just tell her that when you purchased it at checkout when they deactivated their shoplifting security device that it activated your tablet and it must be opened immediately and fully charged or the battery will go dead. I am sure she will buy this reasoning. This type of ploy worked well on all three of my ex wives.:D

Chip
  6. aladdin™

aladdin™ New Member

LOL. Did you say three of your ex-wives.

Best regards.
  7. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did say three. Now you can see why they are "exes":D

Chip
  8. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

Seriously....somehow convince her to open the package...or get a friend to do so and say that it was a mistake. Then ask her to get you the N7 (or the N4) which you can leave unopened for Christmas while you work on the N10!
  9. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Well, my wife was sneaky and took it to her work and left it there. :-( Now, I have no way to open it til Saturday. The bad news is that I'm busy all day and night Saturday so I won't even be able to play with it til Sunday. Torture!
  10. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

Lol! She knows you very well then. + 1 for her in this instance. And, she is persistent! Too bad...I feel for you man!
  11. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

Ha! That's comedy... Soon
  12. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

I'm finally unboxing it right now!
  13. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Turned on and it wanted me to sign in to Wi-Fi. After signing in, I signed in to my Google account.
    Next step, was looking at screens and playing around. Awesome!

I then tap the settings buttons to inspect...I adjust a couple volume and brightness settings and get to "about tablet." Tap it and immediately a system download starts going. Restart and I'm on version 4.2 build number JOP40C
    It all happened so fast so I didn't notice which version it had out of the box. (I've had a few beers tonight, it's my birthday!)

Standby.....
  14. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Under "about tablet" I rapidly tap "build number" and it says, "you're 1 step away from developer." I rapidly tap it again and it says, "you're now a developer!" That unlocked the "developer options."
  15. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Another notification for system update....kind of weird. I click it and have to restart again and now I'm on version 4.2.1 build number JOP40D
  16. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

All of my apps from my phone are downloading automatically. The phone specific apps aren't downloading.

It's late and I'm fading..trying to stay awake.
  17. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Now I'm signing in to various social media apps. Google wallet didn't give me a credit...I was hoping it would.
  18. Lean23

Lean23 Well-Known Member

Lots of apps to update. I'm gonna update a few and then go to bed. It's 3 am.
    I'll try to give a few more updates in the morning but I have a busy day Sunday too. Tomorrow night I will post a lot more.
  19. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! :birthday::party::D
  20. MrNexus

MrNexus Member

No better way to spend the rest of your birthday night getting drunk and playing with your new nexus 10:D