My wife's Incredible shuts off every night around the same time.

1. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

For the last week or so my wife's Incredible reboots around the same time. It will shut down and boot back up. Any ideas on the problem and more importantly a solution?

Advertisement
  2. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

3. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

So it seems there is no definitive answer on a fix?
  4. today

today Well-Known Member

From what I have read on the considerable amount of different sources in the various android forums, the rebooting at early morning hours is a memory optimization fix which occurs until it is done. It's recommended to leave phone plugged in in overnight with the volume set to off so as not to disturb your sleep. Let it complete its actions. It could take several nights.
  5. amihererightnow

amihererightnow Well-Known Member

From what I know, it is due to the crappy update that we were tricked into downloading and installing.
    I have 2 phones that used to be fine, now neither phone will hold a charge for more than 8 hours.
  6. RNF

RNF Member

My never-rooted Inc has been doing this since the update. I took it in to the VZ store and they said they have see one other that is doing the same. I know two others that have an unrooted Inc and they do not have this issue at all - neither one of them is on the Unlimited Data plan, whereas mine is on the unlimited data plan. Both of them had issues with the Gingerbread update, whereas mine did not have any issues. They both had to do a factory reset at that time.

The VZ store said that VZ corp told them the 'fix' is to factory reset the phone. They did this to the other persons Inc that was experiencing these problems and it did not fix the problem. I told them that I would wait to hear what VZ Corp was going to do with the other person prior to me trying the 'factory reset', which to me sounds like VZ saying we don't know what the real issue is so lets just throw something at it and see if it sticks.

They are supposed to let me know this week. As always I will be traveling for business so it will be a bit before I do anything.

Their other 'fix' was for me to 'upgrade' to a new phone and plan - I told them that while I may 'upgrade', that 'upgrade' may well be to a new carrier that doesn't push untested software to it's clientele.
  7. ajlee7

ajlee7 Member

See attached for a typical night of reboots. VZ and HTC please help me!

Attached Files: