My WiFi is working everywhere else but not my home nowSupport

1. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

So the first place I had WiFi on my phone was at home (Password Protected). It was flawless and amazing (because I have 10/2 connection). Well 2 days ago, it started to not connect saying it's unsuccessful. So I went to work and it connected there without a hitch (and that's password protected also). But when I got back home, it still wouldn't connect. My lapop connects to the WiFi just fine. Anyone have any idea what to do? My boyfriend is coming over tonight and he has a Droid also with my house WiFi locked in so we'll see if his works if mine doesn't change.

Advertisement
    :
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing your wireless network from your list of networks, or putting the password in again?

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings

Then long press on your home network (should say "remembered" and you can either have it forget the network and connect from scratch, or change the password (just put the old one in again and see if it works), because it seems to me like it might just be a security issue that sprang up for whatever reason. I've seen it happen to computers before that technically have the correct password saved.
  3. summerfish

I tried that... Still no luck.
  4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Reset the router? I know, now I sound like an ISP tech. Probably a little too basic, but who knows. I'm just fishing for troubleshooting ideas here.
  5. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Is your router set to broadcast SSID or not?
  6. summerfish

So as a followup. I haven't reset the router yet because it's in my grandma's room and she's quarantined right now lol. But my boyfriend came over with his droid, and it wouldn't connect to my router either.

Yes it is, it always has been.
  7. summerfish

Thank you all for your help. I finally got a chance to reset the router. Worked like a charm. I know it should have been the first step, but with the router not being easily accessible, I was trying other ways.
  8. jhp45auto

jhp45auto Member

So just reset the router? Were you still able to connect on your laptop and other devices except your droid?

Will have to give it a try.
  9. summerfish

Yes everything is working fine now.