My worst fear happended

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I seen dust under my phone and I'm so disappointed what can I do to prevent further dust damage I keep my phone in my pocket. It's not bad indoors but I was in my car and I seen the dust I had this phone only 2 months what can I do thanks. I mean dust under the screen.

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

silicon case

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree... I have the silicone case from the second my Hero came out of the box. Almost 7 months n no dust. I've had it in some pretty dusty environments too (sanding sheetrock)... I also cut my own screen protection thats tight to the bottom of screen. Hope that might help ya'.

Happy Trails.
    :cool:

4. Sirithe

Sirithe Well-Known Member

Its hit or miss. My phone has a ton of dust, and the paint on the end button is chipping off. But its all cosmetic and "not covered"

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I still don't understand the dust thing?

6. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Dust INSIDE the phone is NOT cosmetic! It's not even close to cosmetic... You might get that answer, but depending on the situation I would take two different paths. Easiest but more time consuming is via phone with CS... The other would be at a Sprint Store or service center.

I know people have had mixed results depending on the store or CS and have received different answers. There was a thread here too I read whereas someone returned the phone to HTC and THEY fixed the screen/dust issue and one nice thing is you actually get YOUR phone worked on and returned as long as you are willing to wait for shipping and receiving it back downtime.

Anyway, just thought you might like to know...

Regards,
    :cool:

7. candymancan21

candymancan21 Member

Can you guys explain this dust problem ? I just got my HTC hero 3 days ago i dont want to get dust in my screen lol..

I bought the plastic screen protector the ones you cut and stick onto the screen and i cut it so its covering the whole screen, and i also the Gel case from sprint for the htc hero, the box that has the blue and black gel/rubber case

8. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

Both issues, the dust and the pealing is cover under the warranty as long as there is no physical damage or abuse, take it to a Sprint Corporate repair center and they will replace it since it is a known issue. At my location we just order another if we do not have the parts.