MY X has a Ghost!!!-programs launch on their ownSupport

Last Updated:

1. credemann

credemann Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Each evening i plug my Droid X into the charger and place it screen down on my night stand. Last week i woke up to my Droid playing a YouTube video from a website-a car chase with police which scared me awake :eek: and i tried to get it to stop playing which it did. I settled down and after a few minutes while trying to go back to sleep i heard the voice command asking me "which number?" and it began dialing some number. Well i stopped that and turned the phone off and on again and went back to sleep. Last night I heard it again asking me "which number" and it called my wife's cell phone!!:eek:
    Each incident happened around 3:30 AM.

Update:

this morning 09/17/2010 5:20 EST i was awakened by a video playing on my Droid X! When i go to sleep i place the X face down on the night stand whit the charger plugged in. Anyone else have this experience?

Has anyone experenced this or does my Droid X have a ghost :eek:???

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

It could be an issue with the voice command opening on its own. Maybe you have an issue with your home button. I know that when it gets pushed twice the voice command will open.

You do have weird issue though. The other morning around 4am one our cells just started playing music.

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

2nd - something's causing your buttons to stick

4. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

Are you paired with a Bluetooth headset? I've heard of this type of thing happening when the headset picked up something...not sure it's the case here, just something I read that was happening to someone with similar symptoms

5. credemann

I do have a Bluetooth headset paired but not in use or connected-it stays in my truck. I will check and see if the buttons are sticking and blow it out with some canned air.

it did something weird this morning at 2:30 i heard it vibrating and the widget modify window was open!

6. credemann

From Tallica on Droidforums.net:

"Many 3rd party chargers have been known to do this. Try a verizon/motorola one.

You don't have a ghost."

Solved the problem- if an admin. sees this post you can close or delete it unless the answer may help others :)