My X10 is Dead, any suggestions?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jcol

Jcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Very strange, phone has been working fine. Battery was fully charged this morning after it's overnight charge and phone was working. I went to work and took the phone out during my mid-morning break and it's dead. Attached it to the charger that I keep at work and still nothing after a few minutes. I took the battery and the sim card out. Battery voltage is 4VDC which is fine. Reinstalled the battery and tried turning on the phone with and without the sim card,, nothing from the phone, not every the status LED. Is there a hidden reset switch somewhere or is it pouched?

The phone is only 2 months old so I'm sure my carrier will replace it if it comes to that, at which point I'll have to decide whether or not to replace it with another Xperia and or go black or white. Mine is black, but I really like the looks of the phone in white. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Have you tried hooking it up to SEUS and seeing if you can get it to repair?

Is the charger you have at work an official SE one cos I know that the phones can sometimes be very picky over what they will work with. Maybe try tonight when you get home with the other charger. Another weird thing I read was about changing to a different socket in the wall... but that was in the US and not sure if its the same in Canada.

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago while I was on holiday, so I left it on charger for about 30-45 minutes and when I came back to it, it was working

4. Jcol

Thanks for the ideas,

I am using a USB cable and connecting it to my computer which is what I have done in the past to top up the charge level at work. The computer does not acknowledge that the phone is plugged in, this means that PC Companion does not see the phone either. It's like the phone is not even there, it is totally dead. I'm on hold with my carrier as I type this.

5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Well USB charging isn't as powerful as mains charging, so try putting it on charge through the mains for an hour, see if that sorts it

6. seattlepete

seattlepete Member

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the USB cord. I replaced it with my roomie's blackberry usb cord and it works fine now. Good luck

7. Jcol

Since I didn't have my wall charger with me I thought I'd wait till I got home before I called my carrier about the phone. At lunch with the phone still dead I walked over to a nearby Rogers store and asked the person there if she happened to have a Xperia charger around that I could try. When I told her what happened she looked at my phone, removed the battery and the sim card, reinserted both and of course the phone immediately powered up. She commented that my sim card was very old and she suggested that I replace it. She went on to say the they will not even activate a phone using such an old sim. When I got this phone last month I simply took my old sim out and placed it in the new phone. I guess the sim is 5 or 6 years old. I plan to dig out the phone box and activate the phone using the new sim that came with the phone. I guess it makes sense that a sim card could fail, however I'm still not sure this was the cause because I'm certain that I tried to boot up the phone without the sim inserted,, but who knows, at least it's working now.

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Glad you got sorted however it was done (but darn, why does it always work when they try it!?)

9. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

+1 on that

10. BarneyF

BarneyF Active Member

the metal contacts on sim cards are very thin.. if you have reinserted it a few times in the past 5-6 years then there may not be much contact material left.