• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Have we got a plan B, xperia size hole in leg and a very slippery phone

Well I see builders everyday, building houses near me, most of them have their phones clipped on their belt, maybe you could also do this, as well as buying a leather pouch to protect it :D Is that a better idea? :rolleyes:

Plan C: Buy a cheap phone just for work

Plan D: wrap your phone in bubble wrap

Plan E: keep your phone in a deep, zipped pocket, and use a bluetooth headset, or LiveView (when its released)

I love how I can use humour on this forum, most users of other forums I use, cannot comply with humour, so boring! lol

Upvote 0
Well I see builders everyday, building houses near me, most of them have their phones clipped on their belt, maybe you could also do this, as well as buying a leather pouch to protect it :D Is that a better idea? :rolleyes:

my wifes brother is a builder and always loses phones, the best one i can remember is when he was laying foundations for his garage

were sat out back a few hours after he'd poured the concrete and could hear his phone barely ringing - dumbnut had only buried it in the foundations

but hey, it was a brick anyway

Upvote 0
No, seriously, thats pretty sad Powerkiter.

Two things.

1 Get another X10 and stay on this forum, where would we be without you.

2 Just had a look at your apps on app brain and the thought occurs that someone could start a thread where folks can put links to their apps on app brain (CuBz and rosered for instance).

It could be a job for you, take your mind off your sad loss. Either that or Glenmorangie.

Since I do not use App Brain (yet), I take it the App Brain doesn't have a backup of your purchases / Downloads? In the Market, one can enter The Market, press the LEFT action Button (Physical Button on the Front), than press the Download option, and ALL of them popup for your convenience..

Upvote 0
Appbrain does save all market apps paid or free, most folks know about getting the download menu up for the market.

But I have rooted a few times now and trust me when you start over they only ever load once and then they are gone for good, unless paid for. But what Im saying is that I use appbrain as titainium did my head in a all I have to do is go to appbrain .com and there is all my apps, visit that via the widget and I can reinstall all the apps over any period I want :)

Upvote 0
OK dumb redhead questions now, for the appbrain thing to work you have to have got them through there first, yes? So if I want to set up an appbrain account now it won't show the apps I already have on my phone.

And to get the app brain widget I assume I log on via the browser on my phone and download something?

Told you I was being dumb, so be kind to me, it is early in the morning! And someone has got to ask the basic how do I questions... I see it as a public service personally:D:eek:

Upvote 0
Go to the market download the appbrain app and then open the app and chose the sync with app brain option.

Follow the instructions, I am unsure but I think have to to have an account with appbrain.com but once synced it will sync all your apps even the ones you have already installed and will notify you of app updates from the market before the market does, if that makes sence.

But essentially appbrain app is a fancy link to the market but once you have searched online via your pc clicked install on the apps you want and then open the appbrain app and then sync your phone again and then you got the option to install said apps on your phone from the market.

It's how the market should have been :D

Edit As my phone is dead I cant be 100% on the above but you do have to register your google account to set up your appbrain account.

Upvote 0
Reactions: rosered
Upvote 0
that is a really good description of app brain by powerkiter. You do need a google a/c and so long as you sync your phone with app brain it will have all your apps on.

A couple of tips for rosered, on the pc, if you have an app you like click on it to bring up its description and you will see other similar apps on the rhs of the page, and you will see a handful of names of people that have recently downloaded that app. Click on these user names to see all the apps they have on their phones and chances are they will have other apps on their phone that is of interest to you. Every now and again you come across an awesome app that you might not easily find elsewhere.

Reactions: rosered
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones