My X10 mini pro is dying slowlyGeneral

1. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member

I used to love my X10 mini pro
    It's now reducing to a grainding halt
    It's slowly getting slower and unresponsive

I installed Android 2.1 late November - I've no idea if this is the cause of the problem

My phone isn't rooted or anything

Can it be some rogue application running?
    That wouldn't make sense - from what I understand, Android is not like Windows - and does not suffer from applications hogging resources

What could my problem be?
    Are there any known apps that cause problems?
    I've uninstalled a few programs - still no luck

Is there a quick way to get the list of apps installed? So I can past it here?

Thanks

OM

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

On the list of apps, sign up to Appbrain on line and also download the app on to your phone and then sync from the app on your phone.

You can then paste a link to your list of apps on the Appbrain website, there is a link address on the right hand side of the screen.

As your phone is slowing down you could try check Settings>Applications>Running Applications, you can turn things off there that you don't need running.

Your other option is to run a software repair which will wipe your phone and then you can set it up from fresh and install your appbrain app first and then from your list of apps install them one or two at a time to see if it is one in particular that is slowing things down. Remember to copy/sync your contacts and back your sms up if you choose this root.
  3. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member

OMG
    thank u!
    i did that step and found several applications who had found home in my phone and were running all the time
    like eBay
    like Aldiko - why why why does this application think it needs to stay in memory and use resources??
    like yahoo
    i saw one or 2 other things in there that i promptly turned off

now... the phone seems to have come to life again
    i think anyway - got to use for a small while

backup: i assume there are a million different ways to do this... what would u suggest is the best way?

my phone: honestly, i was ready to throw it in the bin or stamp on it out of frustration!!
    thanks for the help!

+ appbrain, i'll install this as well and create an account
  4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You can use an app called SMS Backup and Restore to back your messages up and clear down the messages stored in your internal memory.

Your numbers you can sync with Google or SE (I prefer Google) or copy to your sim or sd card via your Contacts, press Menu and Import/Export.

Glad your phone is running a bit better know.
  5. prideshadreck

prideshadreck New Member

Can you tell me which step worked well for you? Coz I see you were given 3 options to take. i have just downloaded AppBrain and done the syncing. Would you mind giving a step by step procedure for using AppBrain to Tweek my phone inorder to restore speed. I havent tried the system clean option yet coz it will require me backing up and restoring and its a lengthy procedure but if push comes to shove i will opt for it. But for now tell me about AppBrain. Thanx
  6. dileepkumar_y

dileepkumar_y Member

There is another way that I would suggest.
    If you are not using mobile browsing all the time then you can disabled "Data Traffic" option.
    Setting-->Wireless & network settings-->Mobile network settings->>Data traffic--> ZZZ Disabled this option.

If there are any applications running in background and those applications which need data transfer could lead to slow your mobile.
    Incase if you are a frequent user then this recommendation SUCK!
    Good luck.