• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my x10 won't charge!!!!!!

Guys, this is what I did.

After rooting my phone, I was using a BatteryLife app. Everything looked fine for about a week, but today my phone charged up to 88% and all of a sudden stopped.

Have removed the battery and the memory card, but this didn't help.

Then I connected my phone to the PC (thought I will update it via SE) and noticed that it started charging again.

When the deault icon at the top right of the phone screen was showing, that the phone is fully charged, the BatteryLife app showed, that it is charged only up to 90%.

Have removed the app, browsed the internet, listened to music, used the navigation, etc. etc. In other words, did everything, so I can charge my phone again.

When I finally plugged in the charger (didn't connect it to PC), it was charging as normal.

Please, try this, maybe for some of you it will work as well :)

Upvote 0
I haven't had any of the issues where the phone will not charge to 100%. But I have had an issue where the phone is used until completely dead. So dead that it won't charge the battery.

When you plug the charger in, or try to power it up, the LED blinks quickly in multiples of 3. I got the batteries to successfully charge by removing them from the phone. Plugging the phone into a charger for 5 min and then inserting the battery while the charger is still plugged in.

This has worked for me with 2 different batteries.

FYI

Upvote 0
is the red light flashing?
try removing the battery for a few seconds then reinsert the battery whilst the wall charger is plugged in. give it 5 mins before attempting to switch it back on.
if it manages to switch back on, try to put the phone in flight mode until the red light turns a pale green.

You're a star buddy I put the phone in flight mode switched off the phone and then took out the battery, left it out for a few seconds then put it back in when the charger was still in and it has gone all the way back up (Battery life). Thanks alot

Cornesy

Reactions: Android-Wannab
Upvote 0
im losing my mind with the x10i!!
im currently on my 4th and the same problem yet again!!
got a brand new one yesterday and it wont charge past 15%. doesnt matter what i try i just cannot get it to charge any more then that. iv tried a new battery but thats just doing the same thing. major stress as vodafone wont give me a new make or model and just keep replacing it! surely its at more cost to them to do that and would be cheaper just to give me a working phone?

Upvote 0
To all, there is a fault on the sony xperia x10 where in time u wont be able to charge phone via mains nor usb.
You need to contact sony themselves who will if your in uk and the phone is in warrenty will repair the phone for free.
The process takes bout 5 days from posting and recieving your phone back.
The fault is with the charging base and wont let u connect to a pc.
Mind done this and i contacted sony who are aware of this and will repair it by changing the mother board on the phone.
had no problems after this and came back with a new iemi number and fully updated to the new version 2.1.

Your service profider cant do anything except give u another phone over and over but sending it to sony it will solve the problem.
hope this helps you all.
One last thing ive seen people saying bout buy a new battery or charger and usb lead. these are not the problem its the phone dont waste your money on new chargers or usb leads as like i said there not the problem the problem is direct to the phone.

Reactions: shanetactical1
Upvote 0
im losing my mind with the x10i!!
im currently on my 4th and the same problem yet again!!
got a brand new one yesterday and it wont charge past 15%. doesnt matter what i try i just cannot get it to charge any more then that. iv tried a new battery but thats just doing the same thing. major stress as vodafone wont give me a new make or model and just keep replacing it! surely its at more cost to them to do that and would be cheaper just to give me a working phone?

contact sony e. they will fix the phone for you, your service provider cant do anything except change your phone. the problem lays within the phone which sony are aware of. the process takes bout 5 days from sending and reciveing you phone back updated and new mother board.

Upvote 0
I've had my X10 for about 3 months, it was working fine until recently the chargers not worked straight away, but usually after trying it for a while it eventually works but just has to stay at a specific angle. However now it wont recognise the charger at all , the red light just flashes at the top & the usb computer connection isnt working either ? what to do?

Upvote 0
Well folks, after reading this entire forum on saturday which is when mine was not charging, I decided to nip the problem in the bud right away & take mine back to T-mobile as it's only a couple of month old and still under warranty (insured also).

Explained to the woman the problem and said I had been on this forum and I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.
Problem was dealt with and X10 is now on it's way to SE for repair, I was given a replacement nokia something, it rings (wow) and lets me use my contract minutes so thats fine.

I will however keep you all posted on what happens and when I recieve the phone back. Missing my internet radio and web browsing on the move already :(

Upvote 0
Picking mine up today after 2 weeks and a couple of days, it's ready to be picked up from T-Mobile, and thanks to your little posts here I was looking forward to it but now I'm dreading the thought of it still being malfunctioned and I don't really want to go to HTC and especially iphone, but when shit hits the fan i guess i'll have to. the new SE arch seems okay wonder if they have solved the charge problem on that model before releasing it in a months time though.

Upvote 0
Picking mine up today after 2 weeks and a couple of days, it's ready to be picked up from T-Mobile, and thanks to your little posts here I was looking forward to it but now I'm dreading the thought of it still being malfunctioned and I don't really want to go to HTC and especially iphone, but when shit hits the fan i guess i'll have to. the new SE arch seems okay wonder if they have solved the charge problem on that model before releasing it in a months time though.

Ok, had the phone for a few days now.
MAINBOARD EXCHANGED & SOFTWARE UPDATED
Needed a good charge when I got it (obviously) and took much longer than before (about double the time) to charge up fully to 100%.
It seems to take longer to recharge but this is a very good thing because it seems to be either putting more power into the battery or managing the power from the battery better because it can go more than a single day from a 100% charge, (lasted 2 days from a single charge), which is increadable considering before it would constantly require recharging.

It's taken 2 weeks to come back from SE, but it's been worth the wait and now my phone is back to form knocking out the silly iphone :cool:

Upvote 0
i'm having the same probs as all of u guys ive had my phone for 4 months and then today was the first time i plugged it in the computer to update it and and went through the steps to back it up then had to stop to charge the phone to 50% it said and so i put it on charge and it just wouldn't charge... Also can someone plz tell me i didn't get insurance on the phone it's on a plan with optus ( i live in Australia ) so can i still take it bak to the shop is it under warranty even if i don't have insurance
thanx guys :eek: :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0
First of all are you using the original lead and charger as they are really picky phones over what they will take a charge from. Does the PC recognise the phone and can you charge it via the PC at all.

You could take it back to the shop to try a couple of things and then get them to repair it under warranty, as long as you still reside in the country of original purchase and have your receipt and have made no modificaitons to your phone, your warranty should be valid.

But at the shop I would also get them to try your phone with their charging unit and usb and possible try their battery from the display model in your phone. What you want to narrow it down to is the point of failure so from the wall working towards the phone... charging plug.... then usb lead... then usb socket... then battery. Obviously if it is one of the removable items that makes it a bit easier to resolve, if it is the usb socket then it will have to go back to be repaired.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones