• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Xperia Tipo Dual freezes and reboots randomly. Please help.

bagho

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
My Sony Xperia Tipo Dual freezes randomly, or gets into an infinite bootloop. The only solution is battery pullout, which becomes extremely problematic while I'm travelling or at work, requiring to do a quick call. Everytime I reflash the phone with Flashtool or do a factory reset, it works flawlessly for 3-4 days. But after 3-4 days, the problem arises again. Like, I'm going to dial, the screen freezes. It sometimes freezes or falls into a bootloop, even while in my pocket. This happens even without any extra software installed.

When it freezes, no switch works. Battery pullout is the only solution.

The funniest thing is, while the phone is frozen or in a bootloop, if I dial both the SIMs from some other phone, I hear my SIMs ringing, but my phone doesn't ring or register any missed call. The device shows active and connected in WiFi router and responds to ping. That means it is working in the background.

I have tried the following:

Flashing to 11.0.A.6.5 and reflashed many times with Flashtool.
Cleared Dalvik Cache.
Kept CPU frequency constant at 800, 600, 480, 245 MHz (disabling the C4 state).
Removed SD card and tried using only internal memory.

But to no avail. The problem repeats 3-4 days after factory reset or flashing and happens several times a day. I have visited the service center 5 times. They only do a factory reset and give it back to me. I suffer the same problem after 3-4 days.

Why is this happening after 3-4 days of flashing/factory reset? Why does it work so well in the first 3-4 days? I have used it without any extra software installed. Still why does this happen? I am totally disgusted, as I have tried every possible solution in my knowledge.

Could you please help me out?

Thank you so much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones