• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Xperia X10i is unable to update.

what do you mean, isnt downloading?
the z4?
if so try one of this link:
[APP] z4root - xda-developers

i also just read this:
Work but in order to root my device have to be in "USB debugging"

so might be worth making sure your is in debugging mode
this is done by:
Settings > Application Settings > Development > tick the usb debugging option

Damn z4 isn't getting downloaded via sea forum. Should I try super click?

Upvote 0
Well rightnow I am downloading it via megaupload. I don't think that it's gonna work because in the xda forums people said that z4 becomes useless after Sony update
it is but you may be lucky, a quick way to know for sure would be let me know your firmware and baseband version
to see this, settings > about phone
if the firmware ends in .504 you are rootable

Upvote 0
hey bro i bought a xperia x10 few days ago but its usb plug is not working so i cant connect it to pc companion and it also doesnt connect to my pc so plz how can i update it directly from net plz plz plz plz plz help me
quite simply, you can not.

you need the usb cable to update regardless of what method you use.

if you are on 2.1 already there are ways in which you can change to a custom rom without needing the usb cable but it is not possible to change the kernal without flashing and you need to connect to do that.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Recently i tried to update my phone from android 1.6 to 2.1 via PC companion. After finding the update it says that PC companion was unable to get the PC or the software ready for update and thus exiting the program.

I run a laptop which has 1 GB ram, Pentium 4 and Windows xp SP2.

when i searched for some solutions online, some guy told me to use sony software updater which directly installs the update into your phone via the INTERNET and it dosent require the PC companion i guess. i tried that but it shows an error too :mad:

I need help regarding this matter!!!!

can u tell me the way how to updTE IT DIRECTLY via internet plz help me i shall be very thanksfull to u plz rply me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones