Mybackup and appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I used mybackup to backup my apps, then did the update.zip install. I restored my apps just fine. What I'm worried about is my apps not receiving updates from the market when they're available. Does anyone know if I'll get the updates or not?

Advertisement
  2. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

Open Market. Press Menu and select "Downloads". Are all your apps listed? If yes, you will get updates.

3. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

you won't. i had this problem so what i had to do was manually go through every app i had in the market and download hoping htere was an update lol

4. Beatlesfan

Thank you for your speedy response. This is the exact answer I was hoping for, lol.

5. Beatlesfan

Oh oh, so do I need to delete and redownload my apps?

6. INTREPID-NY

Beatlesfan, I haven't tested this, so maybe jayochs is correct. You could always wait for a known update and see if it appears. If not, I guess you would have to re-download - which defeats the purpose of MyBackup, hugh.

7. Beatlesfan

Yeah, it would defeat the purpose. I just checked my downloads in the market and only a fraction of them are there. This sucks...

8. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

yeah exactly. the ones that ARENT there, aren't gonna give you an update notification. it sucks i know but once you re-download them, it just writes over your current app like an update anyway, so from then on out you'll get notifications. i just factory reset and mybackuppro'd all my stuff, so now i gotta see which aren't listed

9. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

From another thread, the following will re-sync your installed apps with the Android Market:

1. Open you phone dialer
    2. key in *#*#2432546#*#*

You may have to do this more than once.

I have stored this as an Evernote note for future reference.

10. Beatlesfan

Checkin didn't work. I just took pics of my application pages with my gf's htc hero, I'm just gonna reinstall everything. Should only take an hour or so...Oh well.

11. INTREPID-NY

Install AppBrain App Market http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps and create an account at AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market. It will keep track of all your currently installed apps. You can then reinstall them using the app and online control panel. On the website, be sure to copy your installed apps to another folder before you syc with the phone (Select All, Add to List, Create New List).