1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

MyBackup Pro Restore Problems

Last Updated:

1. ScienciaVox

ScienciaVox New Member This Topic's Starter

Because of the widespread problem of the Motorola Driod randomly deleting text messages I went and bought MyBackup Pro I have used it once before to restore my pictures. Today my phone deicded to delete all 5000 of my text messages. I immediatly went to my app and hit restore. Upon reaching about 500 restored text messages the app flashes a done pop-up and gives me this message; "Restore SMS failed: Couldn't init cursor window." I have no idea what this means. I've tried several times and with different days backups with no luck. I'm able to restore all of my other files from thye backup, call log, pictures, MMS ect but not the other 4500 text messages. Help!

Advertisement
  2. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

5000 text messages , why archive them? Just delete them.

3. ScienciaVox

ScienciaVox New Member This Topic's Starter

I like having them, I would at least like my recent ones back

4. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

I cant vouch for system wide recovery apps, but for just texts, SMS Backup & Restore works great. I know I've got well over 1000 texts and it backs up and restores it all perfectly. I've actually had to do it a lot since I frequently change ROMs and such. Plus it's free! :D

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Have you tried emailing the developer?

6. marshybid

marshybid New Member

Hi All, I have suffered the same issue with trying to restore 4,362 SMS messages using MyBackup Pro. I have been able to resolve this by doing the following;

Factory reset my HTC Desire, clearing all data (having backed all up beforehand)

Restore SMS data only using MyBackup Pro.... All 4.362 SMS have successfully restored

Now restore all other applications and data (excluding SMS data) using MyBackup Pro.

Hope this helps

Marshybid