Myfaves and the great phonebook debacle

Last Updated:

1. WyomingMan

WyomingMan New Member This Topic's Starter

May 13, 2010

I was very excited to get my new android phone, but lately, i find myself hating t-mobile's myfaves interface. On my kernel version, it cannot be removed, or shut off. Which would be ok, i like the plan, if the software package for the plan didnt mess with my google phonebook.

Everytime the phonebook syncs, the myfaves app creates a new "fave" contact, whether it exists or not. I start with the one "tim" and then myfaves makes "tim the fave" in the phonebook, and on every sync, adds it again. so now, i have my "created tim contact" and 500 Myfaves "tims" in my phonebook.

So the question dear friends is: can i remove or stall the myfaves app to keep it from editing the phonebook, without making my android OS unstable? ive heard reports of the myfaves software package actually being part of the code for google phonebook, so im not exactly sure if i want to tinker.

2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I dont know for sure since i dont have fav 5 or whatever they call it. I use the stock contact section and star my favorite contacts like wife, mom, dad, friend who helped me fix phone. They are all Tmobile users and its free to call them as it is. So that right there turned into my "fav 5"

I hope someone here has and uses the fav 5 option to help you out more.