• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root myhero rom

samuelmaskell

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2009
Victoria,BC
Hey guys,
I'm using the fatal1ty's hero rom right now and I want to switch to the myhero rom but I have a couple questions. First, how does bfs help me? I've read the thing about it but not having much knowledge of computers(well I'd say I know a fair bit but compared to most people in the android world), I wasn't really sure what it's all about. Will it basically just make my phone faster? Second, if I do want bfs, there is a patch to change the kernel. How would I go about applying this patch? Same way that I flashed the rom? Third, though I doubt many people would know about this, how does the apps2sd patch work? I'm assuming I apply it the same way as the kernel patch but do I need to partition my sd card? It says, "no ext2/ext3 partition required, it using your sdcard's vfat partition." My sd card doesn't have a vfat partition as far as I'm aware. I don't have it partitioned at all and I just have it formatted fat32. The way it's worded though makes it sound like your sd card should already have a vfat partition.

Thanks for your help,
Samuel Maskell

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones