• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MyMetro

Pappy62

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2011
Shy of deleting it (which I'd rather NOT do until we have a reliable Recovery and ROM), how in the world can we stop MyMetro from CONSTANTLY starting and running in the background???
I've tried freezing it with Titanium Back Up Pro, Gemini, etc., but nothing can stop it... it's like it's bulletproof or something. lol
Anyone have any luck stopping/freezing this abomination?
(I'm rooted)

Install something like Root Explorer... Copy the APK and odex file(if any) and save it to SDcard.

Once you do that, just delete it. If you ever need it again just "reinstall it" and please the odex file in the same location as before.

Good idea... now if I can remember where it went later if needed. lol
I think I will try that... in fact, all you guys have some good ideas there..

Thanks!
Thanks a lot! :D

Upvote 0
Good idea... now if I can remember where it went later if needed. lol
I think I will try that... in fact, all you guys have some good ideas there..

Thanks!
Thanks a lot! :D

Lol.. I have the same problem always forgetting where I saved my stuff then for remembering made a folder on SD and named: "UnistalledApps" and stored all my removed apps there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones