Myns 2.2 battery life has gotten worse

Last Updated:

1. simonedwards0947

simonedwards0947 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i first installed myns 2.2 + the battery tweak It has great battery life. Now it gets horrible battery life again. Sometimes its good sometimes it bad. I havent downloaded any new apps or anything.

I notice that under running services google messaging service keeps opening back up, which i've heard runs the battery down. I cant get the service to stop running, it always comes back

Advertisement
  2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Are you using Kings #11? My wife is complaining of poor battery life with the stock #10 and I was going to put something on her phone. I was just sitting down to put Kings#11 on hers but maybe I will try Ziggy's since Myn recommends it. I think I read something that King's #9 works really well with the new Myn's???????

3. simonedwards0947

yeah i'm using #11

4. flyjbaker

Gonna give a netarchy kernel a try. Phone is booting up as I type.

5. simonedwards0947

let me know how it works.. i tried upgrading to ziggys and its stuck at the white HTC evo screen while loading..

6. flyjbaker

Everything seems stable with netarchy but have to get her phone a full charge and then a couple of days history before I can report on it. Just FYI, on my pone I am running Myn's and the stock HTC#10 and it has been perfectly fine. Nothing insane but it certainly lasts me the whole day with at least medium usage.

7. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

The battery tweak sucks for me. Disable it and see how it does. I'm using stock #10.

8. flyjbaker

Another thing to consider if you are really concerned about your phone lasting all day....

I know this has been discussed but sometimes we forget. ANd I think this issue was fixed in the stock ROM(or maybe not). But you will notice with this ROM, when you take your phone off of the charger, it will rapidly lose the first 10%. If you are able, just put it back on the charger. That last 10% will take a good hour to recover again but then it will stick for a long time. Anyway, just FYI and YMMV!

9. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Netarchy 4.2.1 BFS aggressive works very well for me on myn's rls3.

10. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

Using Stock #10 here, and when I first flashed RLS3 on release day I was pulling 27 hours on a single charge with about 11 or so hours uptime. This slowly seems to be degrading on my end too.

I suppose I can attribute this to apps and widgets (now that I'm configured the way I want) but it still stinks. :D

11. flyjbaker

Sorry folks. If you are able to get a solid full day on one charge on a phone like this, that should be quite sufficient.....the rest is just bragging rights...

12. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

So my 12hrs on 30% is worth nothing :(

Seriously, use the Evo as a phone and theres nothing to complain about. Use it as a computer, GPS, Mp3 player, and portable home theater you shouldn't be surprised about half a days use.

flyjbaker likes this.
  13. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

I'm on stock #10, and recently disabled setcpu. I never enabled the battery tweak, but I'm pretty happy with my battery life. I haven't charged since about 24 hours ago, sitting at home on wifi most of the time with lighter use than normal, but I'm still at 50%.

14. TBon350

I'd check the apps that you may have running as well as the data use settings. Turn on wifi whenever possible as it appears to not chew up your battery like 3G does searching for signal all the time.

15. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

My battery life's a little worse since i switched to Myn's RLS3 (stock #10 kernel). Not TONS worse, but definitely noticeable. I checked my running apps, and made sure to set all sync settings/always on mobile data/etc back to how it used to be. I've been reading on XDA forums regarding kernels for this ROM, and notice alot of people praise the netarchy kernels. I'm going to try the Netarchy-toastmod 4.2.1 cfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass kernel and see if it helps. Any reviews good/bad here? I just want to get battery life back to pre-ROM status.

16. flyjbaker

I installed one of the stable less aggressive netarchy kernels on my wife's phone yesterday because she had the same complaint as you. Today will be her first full day with it so we will see. I am on the stock one and it seems to work great for me.

17. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Awesome, please post results after you have time to test it :) Maybe it's just me, but i seem to have read more posts regarding the smartass builds vs the stable universal ones, but i kinda wanna stay away from beta kernels for now. I just haven't read many reviews on the universal ones, so i'm not sure which to try. This am i lost 2% battery in 30 min with screen off and SetCPU screen-off profile set to lowest settings...

18. TBon350

Were you running 4G, 3G, or Wireless? Did you have either Bluetooth or GPS enabled? That seems off that you'd lose that much in 30 minutes, although it _could_ be explained by the fact you were barely at the level (say the meter read 70% and you were actually at 70.05%) and after thirty minutes the meter read 68% when in actuality you were at 68.9%.

I've found that the biggest battery abuser is having the screen on, and lose very little with it off. (although I do lose a bit more with it off than when it was stock)

19. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

No 4g, WiFi, Bluetooth, or gps enabled. I only use wifi at home, and never use the others at all. I made sure to get outta the 90's percentage in case it was just that top 10% going down, though I did do the unplug/plug method this am to top my battery off. I've got my brightness adjusted to about 25% and auto brightness off just like my last setup, and ive lost 10% in 20 min browsing on this forum. Might not sound like a lot, but that's noticeably worse than pre-ROM for me (id get +/- 15hrs w/light to medium usage)

Edit: I just tried out Netarchy's 4.2.1 CFS SA more aggressive and got immediate screen tearing. Wiped dalvik/cache and problem persisted, along with ROM Manager issue and loss of data connectivity. So i just flashed the 4.2.1 CFS less aggressive and it's working about the same as HTC's #10 with screen on, but i'm gonna leave it be for a few days as the underclocking to 128 on SetCPU is bound to do "some" good with screen off at least. I've downloaded Kings #11 and Netarchy's 4.1.9 stable less aggressive kernels also to try out next if i run into issues with the current setup

20. TBon350

It usually takes a couple of days to see real battery drain and many people recommend wiping the battery stats when you flash a ROM/Kernel. Have you done that? (option available in recovery)

takirb likes this.
  21. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

ahhh, nope, didn't know how to wipe battery stats (thought it was an app or something), i'll try it shortly, thanks!

22. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Getting great battery life with the stock setup. No battery tweak, no special kernel, no setCPU.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. flyjbaker

No offense Festo, but you aren't exactly tearing your phone up with those stats....

24. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

Yeah i was gonna say , just my texting , and facebook activities alone easily put "Android System" at the top of the list if not equal to "Cell Standby" .

25. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

No offense taken. I don't take my phone usage as a badge of honor. I've been extremely busy at work so I've basically been using the phone as a phone with some slight web browsing and texting. Under more normal usage for me it would probably be about 3 - 5 hours shorter.

This is just an example of a snapshot of my personal usage. Comparing battery life stats between different users and different phones is an exercise in futility. YMMV has rarely been more appropriate than with battery stats.

The original premise of this thread was that the battery life of this ROM has gotten worse. Even when I'm using it heavy I've gotten better battery life with this ROM, from RLS1 to RLS3, than with any other ROM I've used.

I also charge my battery on an external charger instead of in the phone. I saw a marked increase in life after doing that. I popped in this latest battery and my Juiceplotter widget said 28hrs remaining. Can't ask for more than that in my opinion.