myns 2.2 rls 4 issues

Last Updated:

1. steveo24

steveo24 Active Member This Topic's Starter

just rooted for the first time yesterday, and thanks to all on this forum. Without you guys and gals I'd be lost haha. Anyway I flashed my first ROM(the one in the title) and got no errors or boot loops or anything. The entire time I've had this ROM installed my phone has been very slow and glitchy, and wanted to force close and not run after a power down/up. The ROM is amazing but I need to get to the bottom of this. I know there will prob be questions on what apps I have installed and so on, so I'll try to list everything. Thanks in advance for any input:)

Rooted w rooting for dummies method; Unrevoked3 used ROM Manager to DL and clear data/flash ROM

Baseband: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: 2.6.32.25-ck2
    Software: 3.30.651.3 (originally had latest 3.29 before root)
    PRI: 1.77_003
    PRL: 60671

Apps:
    LPP
    Titanium BU Pro
    Hulu
    ROM manager
    Wireless Tether
    other minor apps that I don't think would have an effect on the problem

Advertisement
  2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Before flashing the rom did you wipe everything in recovery? I would recommend doing that and flashing the rom again. Maybe even delete the rom off your sd card and download it again.

steveo24 likes this.
  3. steveo24

the only wiping I did was what ROM manager prompted right before flashing. Is that the same as wipe from recovery?

4. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

You should use the flash alternate recovery option on ROM Manager and flash Amon_Ra. From there, put the rom on the root of your sd card, boot into recovery and you'll see the options to wipe. Select that and then go to wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik. After that is done then you can go back to flash from zip and select RLS4. I'm not a fan of ROM Manager or Clockwork recovery that matter.

steveo24 likes this.
  5. steveo24

edit:

Just did a Hot restart Reboot, and everything seems to be smooth as silk. Don't know why that seemed to fix my issues, but so far so good. Thanks again for the help, I will keep the suggestions in mind if I decide to try another ROM out

6. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have issues with the Market in Myn ver 4? It ALWAYS forcecloses when I have to download and update.

7. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

I believe I have heard of that, and if I'm not mistaken, one solution was to login to google talk. I don't if or why that worked for a lot of people... but worth a shot? If that doesn't fix things, I would recommend going over to the Myn thread at XDA and checking if others have had the same problem and what worked for them.

8. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

Nope, all is fine and dandy on mine.

9. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

Myn has stated that he prefers Amon_Ra recovery and some things may be quirky in his ROMs if you use Clockwork. (the recovery used with ROM Manager) I'd highly recommend installing the Amon_Ra if you're going to be using his ROM or any of the add-ons.