• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyPhoneExplorer wont sync

firestarteruk

Apr 30, 2012
I cant get the sync running between pc and phone. using MyPhoneExplorer. I have attached the phone to pc using USB. I get "connection to phone could not be established: no device attached to USB" how come as the PC knows its there.

any help please as i feel im almost there.:(

I cant get the sync running between pc and phone. using MyPhoneExplorer. I have attached the phone to pc using USB. I get "connection to phone could not be established: no device attached to USB" how come as the PC knows its there.

any help please as i feel im almost there.:(

Firstly, client on PC and app on the phone. Got them both installed?
Then, the connection. What phone do you have and will it connect via the manufacturers drivers? (e.g. HTC Sync or Samsung Keis). Personally I use wifi through my router. Give the phone a fixed ip via the routers 'bind ip to mac address' function then set up MPE on the phone and on the PC to accept that connection. I don't then have to have my phone with me for sync'ing.

Lots of help over on the MPE forums ... see ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... Includes FAQs and HowTos - don't worry about the list of supported phones - if it runs Android, it'll work. But 'search' over there first as most of the 'connect' questions have already been asked. I believe that you can download some Google ADB drivers to get the connection working if you have to go this route.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
Although the page above on the site is in English, one can't set up an I'd to post a question, was not able to find search either

Can't remember exactly which page I registered at but .... go to the page in the link. 'Suchen' is 'Search' and 'Registrieren' is 'Register'. At the top of the page. When you loin it is in English .... hmmm .... :thinking:

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones