• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

myPlayer Update - DONT!!!

Still on the market for me and old version is still able to download all channels (downloading the last Buzzcocks as I type). I think its days are numbered though :(

Feel sorry for the dev. People should direct their anger at the BBC not him.

Downloading is fine, but try watching live streams of BBC channels.

Upvote 0
Hi

Like a lot of people I have been zapped by the Myplayer update and as I only used it to download BBC progs to view/listern to later I uninstalled it.

I now hear it is possible to roll back the updated myplayer to the earlyer one, which obviously I can no longer do.

So I am asking for help, is there any way I can get back to the old version, any way I can get another copy of the old version, or is there any other app out there that will allow access to the Iplayer.

Hopping some one out there can help

Regards

Steveman:)

Upvote 0
TVCatchUp is great over WiFi but can take some buffering over 3G.

I wonder if it might be possible to install the marketplace version of myplayer (which is available 29 Nov 10 in case anyone reckons its no longer available) so you can get some of the live TV stations, AND the sns.myplayer-1apk to get BBC i-player. I tried it but it says one will overwrite the other.

Or have I just taken zealous over-optimism to a new level!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones