1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

myRemote: The best WMC Anddroid Remote, period.

Last Updated:

1. hoss789

hoss789 Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 6, 2010
    This application is a full feature remote for Windows Media Center (WMC). I cannot say enough about Windows Media Center but that is a topic for another forum. The app has all the buttons that you would associate with a WMC IR remote and several more (like minimize/maximize screen and cascade view). I have tried to use several other wifi app remote but non have work as well as this one (with WMC that is). The biggest problem it that they were all missing the "Green Button" that comes on all WMC remotes. This app has it. Anyone that uses Windows Media Center knows how important that green button is.

A nice side feature is touchpad screen that allows you to control the mouse. The only downside to touchpad feature is the absence of mouse buttons. You have to rely on double-tapping to make selections and there is no right-click option. This is really a minor complaint because you will not use it much. This app is designed to be a remote. If you are looking for a wifi touchpad there are other apps that just do that, and do it better.

The touch pad has one additional nice little feature. On the top of the touch pad there is small text field. Touching it opens up the keyboard allowing you to type into onscreen fields. Handy for searches.

To operate the app you have to go to the developers website and download a small program to what ever computer you will be using with. The script runs in the back ground and does not seem to slow anything up. You have to remember to relaunch the script if your computer re-boots or set it to automatically launch at start-up. The remote only works over your local wifi network and will not work 3G (at least I have not gotten it to work).

No real complaints so far. I highly recommend this application for anyone running Windows Media Center. 5-Stars.

2. dirkitar

dirkitar New Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Hi, I absolutely love this program and all features. I am signing up to donate to this program.

I have all features working, however the one feature i need is to type text into the search box for movies. I can not seem to make this work ? am i overlooking something simple ? Please help.
  3. ChadKaplowski

ChadKaplowski Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ach, unfortunately I dont share your love for WMC, primarily due to the lack of native MKV support. even with various audio and video codecs installed, it just doesn't make the grade.
    So, sorry to hijack the thread, but have you tried Unified Remote? supports WMC7, Windows Media Plalyer (supports MKV with the right codecs, no frame dropping etc), Spotify, File Browsing, general input.

Again, it needs a server side application, but if you use the paid for version you have the ability to create custom remotes, e.g. for your FTP or P2P programs...