Mysterious stealth update?General

Last Updated:

1. beowulfey

beowulfey New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

So who else has an Eris and doesn't like how the black character count in the HTC messaging app blocks what you're typing? It's annoyed me ever since they added that...but this morning I noticed something - the box was now a grayish color, and the text was being forced out from under the box! I was so happy! I figured my phone had been automatically updated overnight or something.

But then I had to reset my phone (the keyboard randomly stops working sometimes - pretty annoying) and the messaging app had reverted back to its old ways. The text is now being blocked by the count again. Pretty bizarre...can anyone help me figure out what's happened here?

Advertisement
  2. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Oh I HATED that. One of the main reasons I switched to Handcent SMS.

3. smacky

smacky Banned

2.1 fixes that. If you are willing to flash an unofficial firmware version, it fixes that and more. I would recommend you do it.

Find the file somewhere in this section. Then follow the directions. It really isn't hard, it takes longer to download, honestly. It's a 100MB file, or a little over.

Think about it.

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I had the grey box happen to me once on 1.5. It was really nice and then it went away. In 2.1 the box is outside the text area.

5. beowulfey

beowulfey New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm glad this has happened to someone else, at least I wasn't hallucinating or something. Pretty strange...but good to know 2.1 fixes it. I probably will end up updating soon