Mystery 76.00 megabytes!Support

1. ldmack

ldmack New Member

Recently got myself an S4 and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Just having a look through some of the system settings and got on to storage...

The phone says I have 76.00MB of downloads, yet when I press "downloads", I see an empty screen telling me I have "no downloads".

Any idea what's going on?

I wouldn't normally be concerned, but my internal memory is filling up fast and 76MB seems to me like a ridiculous amount to be occupied by nothing.

Thanks in advance for any enlightening comments/solutions.

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :)

Where is it showing you that? Could that be in just 3G traffic (web, email views etc) as opposed to actual downloaded files?
    ldmack likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Do you have any apps/games that require additional data that needed to be downloaded? Mine is same as yours but 635mb downloads but nothing there. However I've got apps that needed additional data, that's where mine came from.

Or even in-app downloads could cause this as well.
    ldmack likes this.
  4. ldmack

ldmack New Member

I don't know why, but this was just really bugging me.

Ended up downloading the 'clean master' app from the play store and it found two pdf files that I had deleted a couple of days ago (or so I thought) still on the phone under 'residual files' (I'm not quite sure what that means or why they weren't permanently deleted). It removed them for me and now I'm left with just 8.00kb in the 'downloads' section of my storage.

Still irritating, but at least now insignificant enough to not be worried :)
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.