Mystery Apps on my Desire. Also adding my name to the pattern lock screen.Support

Last Updated:

1. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys.

Okay so while I've been adding, and uninstalling, I've been noticing some installed apps that I don't seem to be able to add to my screens, or use.

I was wondering what these were.

They are: -

Rosie Utility
    Teeter
    and
    Street View (Okay I KNOW what this one is, but how do I add it to Google Earth/Maps)

Also I've noticed that on the pattern lock screen. There is a message that says, "This phone belongs to". How do I personalise this with my name?

Thanks

Andy

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I think that Rosie is some kind of widget. I am not sure where it fits into things.

Teeter is a steel-ball-in-a-tilt-maze game. You should be able to find it in your app drawer.

I haven't seen the name on the lock screen??

3. Ten10

Ten10 Well-Known Member

Name is added by some stupid AntiVirus app. I dont think it can be changed even using the options from within the app. The only way to get rid of it is a factory reset.

4. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

Like someone has already mentioned, the "this phone belongs to " was probably added by antivirus software, if you want to change the name you have to do it via the anti virus program that created it. Someone has said that you cant change the name BUT you CAN, I speak from experience :)

Street view is automatically added in maps and navigation so all you have to do is go into those applications and you will have the option to use it.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Rosie is HTC Sense, and shouldnt be killed under any circumstances!
    Teeter is a pre-loaded game.

6. mancclubber

mancclubber New Member

Yes you can change it in the settings of the AntiVirus app. I've got mine to say my name, alt tel no and that a reward is available for its return.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

rosie is to do with sense.

8. Chris1970

Chris1970 New Member

I have the AGV antivirus installed on my Desire. You can change the lock screen message from the antivirus app. open app-menu-REMOTE-Lock screen message.

9. vinyldj

vinyldj New Member

AVG antivirus applies this text when you are using the Desire Pattern Lock Screen, by default its:

'This phone belongs to:'
    '---'
    'protected by antivirus'

The three lines of text are editable and can be completely removed or changed to what you like.

All APPS>
    Antivirus>
    Menu>
    Remote>
    Edit Lock Message>

Happy dayz!

10. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Unless you use another launcher. Rosie is just the Sense launcher, so if you are using a 3rd party launcher you don't need Rosie running in the background.