Mystery contacts added to contact list

1. n5vei

n5vei New Member

First I have an HTC Desire through C-Spire. The problem started a month ago when my phone started to dial Canadian numbers. Every five minutes or so it would just start dialing and connecting. I took it the store where I bought it and they reset the phone and made a note of it on my phone.

Fine... all seemed ok.

About 2 weeks later I noticed strange names and numbers started coming up for suggestions when I would dial my firends. I went tot he contact list and OMG... there were hundreds of strange names and foreign numbers. I spent an hour deleting them for them to show up again slowly in a few days. I then went my phone turned off the sync, and deleted the contacts in the phone and in my gmail account. I then re-synced. Everything seemed to be ok, but then they slowly appeared again. They are strange names with the same type numbers... Canadian or other foreign numbers. I have Lookout virus protection and am not really sure what the heck is happening, but it is strange.
    Any suggestions or solutions?

Advertisement
  2. Logan47

Logan47 Disabled

can sometimes be caused by Facebook integration, dragging names and numbers into your contacts of people you don't really know whom have their info on FB that you may have added over time.
    Happened to my wife on her desire S. A real pain to clean up.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome to the forums. :)

This seems to me that of an application that could be causing this problem; a Corrupt or incompatible application. When they (store rep, or tech) reset the device, did the problem came back after you started installing your previously installed apps?

Do you really believe the lookout app does anything? I heard that it is just a waste of time - I hope that's not what's causing the problem. Reset the device again, but this time only installed the preinstalled apps on the device - and watch to see if the problem surface again.

I am going to move your thread over to the Desire Forum, so it will get some responses from other users of this device.