Mystirious loss of memoryGeneral

1. HiloDB1

HiloDB1 Member

I need some help. I followed the instructions in the http://androidforums.com/flipside-a...-moto-blur-motorola-flipside.html#post2754078 and got my phone to root and uninstalled the AT&T bloatware and some of the other stuff but left the Motoblur. I have Link2SD and moved all my apps to the SD card.

After the initial purge my phone was running great and everything seemed good. But after a few weeks it started slowing down again. I checked Titanium back up and my internal memory has gone down quite a bit (from 109MB free to 46MB free) Im not sure what is causing this. Cleared out the cache from all the programs I can and still only have 63MB fre. What happened to the other 40MB?

Also another thing Ive noticed my battery has been loosing charge very rapidly. From a full charge to completely dead in about 6~8 hours. If I dont use the phone much then I can make it a day. I think this may be related to the memory issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

Get the Atrix 2. No memory problems and the battery life is GREAT.
  3. sgenn99

sgenn99 New Member

hey there-i'm having some issues with my flipside as well. i just got it replaced because it locked up on me. the new one has the 2.2 upgrade, which is great. however, i have some kind of problem with the battery. it won't hold a charge. it hovers around 20-40%. also, wtf is with the low memory issue? is there any way to get rid of all this pre-loaded software i will never use and free up space? tried moving as many apps to my sd card as allowed, but it really doesn't give users much freedom at all. i can't download more than 3 or 4 apps, the battery sucks, and i am not impressed. can anybody point this newbie in the right direction. thanks in advance!