MyTouch 3G browser question

1. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

is there anyway to insert my normal homepage - not sure i understand why i have to type the url i want into google's search bar, just to have google locate it on the web so i can select it... a little unnecessary and i'm sure it relates to google's info gathering but it can do that in the background

any suggestions without rooting?

Advertisement
    :
  2. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

u should be able to set a homepage under the browser settings (with browser open, press Menu button > More > Settings > Set home page)...unless i misunderstood your question...
  3. larryccf

you understood me correctly - but with browser open, when i hit menu all it get is the keyboard for texting - no submenu like normally

correction - just got into settings under Menu while browser was open and found the homepage setting selection - tks
  4. nj1chill

nj1chill New Member

launch your browser. then click the search button (the physical magnify glass button).
    that will bring up a URL window.

type in your home page. then click menu. more. settings. scroll down to "set home page"

you're all set.
  5. larryccf

yep - got it but thanks
  6. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Dolphin Browser will let you set your homepage and its free. Hope i helped.
  7. MacMenace_

MacMenace_ New Member

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the whole Android family and OS. I just got MyTouch 4G and its running a Froyo2.2 OS.. Problem is everything works just fine except one thing. I can't download anything via the native browser. whenever i reach the download page link and click on it, a dialogue pops up asking me to complete a said action via internet or operamini..bla bla nothing remotely close to a "save" option.. I can download through other browsers like opera mini.. But would love to download via native browser when I'm there. Thanks