• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MyTouch 4G freezes every time after factory reset or reboot...Please, help

vess

Lurker
Jan 1, 2011
I am not sure whether I should post this under MyTouch 4G or under Adroid Froyo in general, so please accept my appologies if not in the right place.

Ok, I know I am a noob to android phones and to this forum, but I already spent many hours online researching the problem and didn't find anything that helped.

So, here's what happened:

I got my MyTouch 4G about 2 weeks ago unlocked. I wanted to get rid of a lot of the garbage that came with it, so I followed the steps and successfully rooted it and then removed several of the preinstalled apps with Titanium backup. So far, no noticeable problems.

Then I wasn't happy with how quickly my battery was draining, so I installed Advanced Task Killer, and set it to automatically kill certain apps periodically.

A few days later when I was trying to add a widget to the desktop, I got the familiar to some message "Sorry, com.htc.launcher has stopped working". Everything else was still working fine on the phone. I researched the problem and the first proposed solution to clear the data for the process from Settings/Applications, did not help. The second proposed solution was to do a factory reset. So, I rebooted with volume down + power pressed together and chose factory reset.

After 4-5 min, I got into the welcome screen where I did the initial setup. After this was complete, the phone checked off that everything was setup correctly (apps, widgets, etc). Then it started loading the desktop and the message "loading..." appeared. This is where it froze. :(

Basically, I can't get past the "loading..." message on the home screen, no desktop ever loads, and I have access to nothing other than the camera key.

I let it stay for hours to see if it will eventuall load, but nothing happened. I also rebooted and tried factory reset many times and it always get stuck at the same point. I tried all of the above with and without a SIM card, with and without a memory card - basically I exhausted all possible combinations but I always get the same frozen "loading..." screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I feel helpless rebooting or reseting the phone from the phone itself because it always get stuck. Is there a way to factory reset from a computer?

Thank you so much if you can help me with any advice and Happy New Year!

Vess

I am not sure whether I should post this under MyTouch 4G or under Adroid Froyo in general, so please accept my appologies if not in the right place.

Ok, I know I am a noob to android phones and to this forum, but I already spent many hours online researching the problem and didn't find anything that helped.

I got my MyTouch 4G about 2 weeks ago unlocked. I wanted to get rid of a lot of the garbage that came with it, so I followed the steps and successfully rooted it and then removed several of the preinstalled apps with Titanium backup. So far, no noticeable problems.

Then I wasn't happy with how quickly my battery was draining, so I installed Advanced Task Killer, and set it to automatically kill certain apps periodically.

A few days later when I was trying to add a widget to the desktop, I got the familiar to some message "Sorry, com.htc.launcher has stopped working". Everything else was still working fine on the phone. I researched the problem and the first proposed solution to clear the data for the process from Settings/Applications, did not help. The second proposed solution was to do a factory reset. So, I rebooted with volume down + power pressed together and chose factory reset.

After 4-5 min, I got into the welcome screen where I did the initial setup. After this was complete, the phone checked off that everything was setup correctly (apps, widgets, etc). Then it started loading the desktop and the message "loading..." appeared. This is where it froze. :(

Basically, I can't get past the "loading..." message on the home screen, no desktop ever loads, and I have access to nothing other than the camera key.

I let it stay for hours to see if it will eventuall load, but nothing happened. I also rebooted and tried factory reset many times and it always get stuck at the same point. I tried all of the above with and without a SIM card, with and without a memory card - basically I exhausted all possible combinations but I always get the same frozen "loading..." screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I feel helpless rebooting or reseting the phone from the phone itself because it always get stuck. Is there a way to factory reset from a computer?

Vess

hello im having the same situation.. any way to solve it?

Upvote 0

Vess
hello, im having the same situation with my HTC my touch do you have any idea how to solve it??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones