Mytouch 4G Slide UpdateGeneral

1. YrrchSebor0000

YrrchSebor0000 Well-Known Member

hey there, i was wondering if anyone knows what all was included in the OTA update some weeks back? i know there was a fix for a security leak, but i was wondering if there was anything else. i can't find ANY info about it on the web. thx!

for the record, my device is running great and is giving me probably the best stock Android firmware experience to date... so i give kudos to HTC!

Advertisement
    :
  2. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

As far as I know it was just a security patch, but I am rooted, and one of the developers at xda made a security patch a while before tmobile sent that one out, so I just ignored the OTA one, and used the one from xda.
  3. YrrchSebor0000

YrrchSebor0000 Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, I rolled back to unrooted stock and installed the HTC update, and then did that patch from xda as well :) I just didn't 100% trust that guy when he said there was nothing more in the update, and plus the update did say enhancements AND a security patch, so I wondered if maybe they did do something else, however small it may have been.... Perhaps not tho. In any case, I'm happy with how the device is working!